• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

chrome vinyl

ciggyboy

anyone print on chrome then try to cut with the CJV30-130. I've tried everything humanly possible and it still won't read the crop marks correctly!! anybody have any success with this??

Search for crop/registration marks. Many, many posts of people using white tape/vinyl to help printer see marks, including one in the last few days where white translucent vinyl was used. I believe it was MikePro who made that post. Search for posts by him if you can't find it with a keyword search.

Rooster

I've done it without any issues on my summa cutter.

I'm not sure what kind of chrome you're using, but I haven't found anything that prints well. Even with a border left at the edge they still curl up like crazy after a few days. That was using a premium printable 5 year outdoor product from vinylefx.

speedmedia

Yeah I have used masking tape as well and then drawn the crop marks on top of that. The reflection of the chrome reflect back at it.

Thanks,
Kurt

Jesse_gvi

I've put white translucent over the marks, then traced them on with a fine Sharpie. I've also put matte laminate squares over the marks. This was on Gerber Deluxe Silver.

Both ways have worked -- and also not worked, which is why I have two ways.

ciggyboy

Thanks for the info everyone..I tried the white squares with hand traced crop marks didnt work..tried scoth tape didnt work..the problem was inbetween the crop marks once the eye hit the chrome it confused the hell out of it...finally had to put strips of white the length and the width all around from crop mark to crop mark and it finally worked...wasted a few hours on this which I cant charge the customer for..but at least now I know what works...Cheers, CB

Screenanator

I use laminate over the marks...then take a green scotchbrite and scuff the laminate til it gets really dull....works better than matte finish lam. GOOD LUCK