• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Chrome Wrapped

letterman7

Yikes. I'm not completely convinced that's a wrap, even though the decals do look like they are part of the finish... and the one photo of the driver's front wheel you can see some texture in the finish. Lots of "chrome" paints out there, and a couple different sprayable chrome finishes. I just can't see a mylar going down that easy around those curves.

JeremySI

there are definately some chrome wrapped cars out there. there is a video of some people wrapping one on youtube i saw a few months ago

Flame

Question is.... is it a prefinished chrome material or did they SPRAY the vinyl with a chrome finish, so that it would be removeable? ;)

CheapVehicleWrap

Looks like 3M 7755SE-420 ElectroCut laminated over 180-cv3 or 380-cv3. Expensive as all hell not to mention the additional cv3. You're not going to find it in the states yet. It also scratches like a MF if you breathe on it. Also available in Gold.

Last edited:

fmg

Heres another belongs to Gallas a Footballer who plays for Arsenal in London!

Attachments

• 13367_167502594916_636274916_2618274_2921256_n.jpg
    13367_167502594916_636274916_2618274_2921256_n.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 73

GypsyGraphics

That is sooooo cool... looks like a Hot Wheels car!
I'd do it to my own car, a heart-beat, if i knew it wouldn't scratch or wasn't too fragile!

AUTO-FX

it IS a spray on product, saw it advertised in the bodyshop trade magazines all the time. really wild but i'll bet very expensive!

Sideshow

I have seen wrap material in the chrome finish before, and with the new VersaCamm 64" machine that prints metallic and whites, its possible it was done that way, using a chrome medium to start with.

AUTO-FX

yeah, but what material with that finish is going to be flexible enough to wrap with? anybody know who's manufacturing this ? man, i would sell the hell out of that stuff!