• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Circles not closing - problem resolved

Vladimir

I bought a used Vinyl Express Q100 a couple of months ago. It is a beautiful machine, but since the beginning, I have had problems with circles not closing. This problem was at times very slight and acceptable but at other times very bad. I have tried many of the solutions offered on this site as well as on other sites, including lubing the transport mechanism, fishing out pieces of stuck vinyl in the carrier, etc. to no avail.

Troubleshooting the problem has been very difficult and frustrating because of its inconsistency - trial and error got me going around in circles. However, I knew that the problem was related to the blade mechanism, because circles were drawn perfectly with a pen.

Well, I finally fixed the problem yesterday. I noticed that the blade carrier was not completely immobilized when screwed into the holder, and that the ensuing little wiggle was responsible for irregular cuts.

So I placed a very small rubber band around the blade carrier - where it meets the holder - to ensure a snug fit. Now the blade carrier does not move and my circles are beautiful. To anybody who has experienced the frustration of circles not closing, you can imagine how satisfying the resolution of this problem has been.

There are many reasons why circle cuts won't not close, and there many possible fixes it, in addition to the common ones, try checking the snugness of the blade carrier in the holder.

Hope this helps someone along the way...