• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

City Bus Wrap Vid

zapblam

4 6hr days.

Bus went out every morning for morning rush, back at shop by 10:00ish. Then had to be ready to go at 4:00 rush. Equals rewash install areas. Breaks and stuff, total about 20hrs solo.

Can get a bus out in 2 8hr days when I get lucky and can keep the bus.

Was in no hurry, daily routine.

Oh yea then there is daily THAW time as it was -24 celcius outside. Couple of deck radiant heaters work well for that.

signswi

All that work just for white over white...I hope you weren't charging based on ink coverage! :ROFLMAO: Nice work, love to watch install vids.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Impressive work on the bus and video.
What material - ink combo did you use?
Maybe it is the local temperature or material (3M180cv3) here but I can't strip the backing off a full panel and allow it to hang and then try to reposition it. Gets stuck just resting on the side bad enough that it can't be moved without major stretching.

wayne k
guam usa

zapblam

3M180cv3 laminated for most wraps. Some days its warm enough to stretch the vinyl easily. Some days its cold enough to crack the vinyl if you pull too sharply (like last week 5c inside). Just so automatic to adjust install techniques depending on the building temps. Just kind of get very used to how the vinyl responds to everything. I have always done wraps solo, even vehicles. Never had the skilled or enough manpower to have a helper.

What sucks is when my bus comes in from a morning rush with 10" of snow on the roof and sopping wet and ice on the lower edges. Have to place radiant heaters, shovel roof and shopvac and good old super absorber shammy. That kills an hour or 2.

LOL wrap is a wrap no matter whats printed on it, even white. Thats what the customer is paying for. I'm just the installer. Realize now that I picked a very boring print to video.

Will video a classic rivet bus wrap in the spring. Done 75% rollepro and only a few hours longer time than the easy flat siders.

FYI I have gotten oodles of tips, tricks and information from this community. THANK.