• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJ-500 can't set base/align points after laminating

tiredcreations

I'm about to smash something.

I am trying to load material to cut after laminating. I HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE! But for some reason cannot get it to work. It has been awhile and I've only done it once or twice so I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I'm using Flexi/Production Manager.

Starting on page 59 of this manual:
http://support.rolanddga.com/Docs/D... Services/Manuals and Guides/CJuserManual.pdf

I get to step 7 and nothing happens when I press the base point button.

I've checked my margins, crop marks are printed, sending a file with a contour cut as "print job only". I can't get to the auto-detecting step to even send the cut job.

For some reason step 5 seems fishy to me.
"When printing is finished press the [SET UP] key"

Nothing seems to cooperate after this. Any ideas?

tiredcreations

(1) Roland CJ-500 for sale. Customer's laminated prints included (need cut). Tech support not available... inquire within.

sfr table hockey

I'll give you $65.50 for the printer and $2,400.00 for the prints.......

**Make sure that the crop mark is enabled in the printer menu.

So once you have your print with crop marks printed on, hit set up, load the media so it is about lined up with the crop marks and the cutter head. Then in the printer menu use arrow keys to select "piece" hit base point, then use up or down to get to "base align" enter then hit "set up".

The printer should find the marks. Then send the file for cut.

If this does not work then only $45.50 for the printer...... or call me.

tiredcreations

Ok, This is a CJ-500 I converted to solvent. I also changed the dipswitch so this machine thinks it's an SC-500, I can't imagine that has anything to do with it? Also running the most recent (I believe) firmware 4.40.

Now, I have an identical CJ-500 still with pigment inks at home. Still on version 4.10 because for some reason I couldn't get that one to upgrade... (kinda thinking this is irrelevant, but anyway...)

This morning I went through the exact same process on that machine and it worked perfectly the first time. So, this eliminates user error.... right?

Back to the shop to try it on the solvent machine... no luck. After printing I hit [SET UP] key, (Step 5 on page 60) again, something seems weird here, like it resets everything, then on step 7 when I press BASE POINT, nothing happens.

Called Roland Tech support and surprisingly they were no help.

Guess I'll be cutting these ovals out with my Fiskars.

sfr table hockey

I was puttin my money on the other "Dipswitch" :ROFLMAO:

That is one thing I have not done on my CJ. Has not really been a reason or proof, that it would print any different. I would not have ever thought that would cause that kind of an issue.

Glad you figured it out while you still had some hair left...

tiredcreations

I was puttin my money on the other "Dipswitch" :ROFLMAO:

yeah yeah yeah.

I really couldn't tell much of a difference in prints, I just like the idea of it booting up as an SC & "Eco-Sol Max ink" showing up on the screen... It gave me that warm fuzzy feeling, but now I know it's not worth it.

You should try it on your machine & see if you have the same problem with crop marks. It doesn't mess up anything, and it only takes a few minutes.

Turn off main power, pop off the back cover, flip dip switch #3. Boot up in service mode, change ink type (SOL, ECO-SOL, or ECO-SOL MAX), then you're set. It's just as easy to switch back, buuuuut... I have the feeling you don't want to mess with it. :wink:

You told me Dave switches all of his over to SC's, I wonder if he's ever had this problem?