• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cj-500 conversion

anozira02

I converted my second printer a Cj-500 to solvent ink. Was wondering if I should up date the firmware to an SC-500 or leave it the way it is?

sfr table hockey

Me neither. The firmware is the same for both it is just a switch you flip. If anything I have heard that once that switch was flipped the crop mark sensor did not work the same. Could not use basepoint or something like that. Put the switch back and all was fine.

I left mine as a CJ 500 and Pigment inks and all has been fine.

Even better now with this link to some Roland profiles for Ecosol max inks (mine are actually Lyson 2000 color was good) for the SC500. I also place them in Flexi and for the first time a Roland profile printed a nice grey for me and not greenish. Even better yet there was one that worked for the Oracal 3641 med to low grade cal vinyl (could only get fine 2 profile to work) but used it in super mode and it printed quite good with a lot less grainy look and the temp was not as high as I needed in the past.

This was the list of profiles:
http://download.rolanddg.jp/en/rolandmedia/max/rcc/sc/index.html

Get them all while they are still there as things change and then you can't find them.