• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJ 500 converted to Ecosol (drain lines )

sfr table hockey

Just wondering if any other CJ 500 owners that have converted to solvent, have changed their drain line tubes to a larger diameter tube?

The very thin drain line works well with waterbased but the solvent seemed to dry and plug quite easily.

I picked up some black brake hose tube and set it in the solvent cleaning solution for a few days to test to see if it softened. So far no deterioration so I am going to try some and also mount the drain bottle in front so its easier to see and get at.

So far much better on the cleaning cycles before the caps were taking longer to drain and as the heads moved off them you could see the pooling in the caps. Now with the larger drain line its back to normal where once the heads move off the caps the caps are drained already and not pooling for a second or two.

Just a thought.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i zip-tie and old 1 liter ink bottle to the leg of the printer whereas the pump lines reach it. drill two holes in the top of the cap. when it's full, take a new old bottle and replace it, use the cap from the new/old bottle to cap your waste ink and you have a nice disposal unit....

i'm assuming you use bulk ink....

sfr table hockey

i'm assuming you use bulk ink....

No and yes..... I have kind of half and half. I had a trial set of 11/10 440ml carts but 3 of them would not set in place fully. I had to use 3 refill carts to dump the ink into to be able to try the ink out.

I take it you do not use the original CJ 500 drain line then, you go right from the pump to the drain with the same tube. Is this right? I should not have cut the original tube from the pump down when I put in the new one.

Good idea for the drain bottle. It never gets old and easy to throw away.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I take it you do not use the original CJ 500 drain line then

nope.

as for them not setting properly, i found a piece of foam tape on the back of the cart just about the ink hole does the trick

Fivestar

I got mine already converted from solventprinterconversion.com so I dunno exactly which tubes they have, but according to them, they are the best tubes for solvent ink.