• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJ-500 cutting force maxed out?

tiredcreations

I just got some stencil samples from Bren. A few of them require a minumum of 350g downforce. Using Flexi/Production Manager & according to the manual, I can only set the force between 30 & 200g.

I've never cut anything very thick, so this is my first encounter. Put a new 60 deg. blade in & set the force to the max, 200g... not quite enough.

Is there a trick to get around this? Or did they just improve this on later models?

ddarlak

Go Bills!
adjust the blade holder so that the knife blade sticks out farther.

i have done this for years, wait decades.... wow i'm gettin old....

tiredcreations

adjust the blade holder so that the knife blade sticks out farther.

i have done this for years, wait decades.... wow i'm gettin old....

are you saying do an actual tool height adjustment, like in section 4-17 of the manual, or the actual blade holder can be adjusted?

tiredcreations

Turning the black part on the blade holder (at the base) will move the blade in and out so it sticks out a bit further.

hmmm. thats what I thought. It is as tight as it can go & the blade is out at its furthest.

I don't really understand how this changes anything. The distance from the shoulder where the blade holder "sets" to the tip of the blade, stays the same

blade.jpg

what am I missing?

sfr table hockey

In the main menu under "command" do you have the VS command and the FS command set to enable. If they are set to disable then the info you selected in flexi won't register. It will just use whats in the printer menu settings. Once set to enable you can change the settings in flexi and they will over ride the printer settings.

If you change this then put the cutter back to the normal setting and start the testing over. If you leave the blade out to the full it may damage things now that you can change the force from flexi.

tiredcreations

Both VS & FS are enabled. I can definately tell a difference when I adjust the force in flexi (and I just checked the menu).

With a well broken in blade, my force is usually 120-130g on calendered vinyl. Maxing it out at 200g was enough to score the clear-cut stencil material from Bren, but I could use another 100g to penetrate.

What's the default setting for the blade holder? Threaded on half-way or so?

sfr table hockey

My blade is about 1/16" out. I am not sure of the material you are cutting. You could try doing 2 or 3 passes. It will cut a bit deeper each pass... Not sure on this one.

tiredcreations

I just ordered a thinner material that I am able to cut through. If I need the thicker stuff later, I'll address the issue again then.

Thanks guys.