• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJ-500 Encoder Error ???????

JayMaxx

Hi, here's my situation with my Roland CJ-500... 2 weeks ago had to wrap two 52' trailers in 4 days... got my Roland printing straight for 49 hours, yeah... 49 hours non-stop!!! Trailers were 52' long by 8" tall... so I was printing 4' x 8's... So, at the end of the printing, machine was turned off for a day or so, got it back to print and now a "Encoder Error"... tech said it was the encoder strip, replaced it... same thing.. then said it was the encoder strip sensor that was bad, replaced it.. still doing the same thing.
Printer doesn't let me do even the "Demo Prints".. carriage goes measure the media, comes back starts to "Demo Print" and stops...

Now on the "Sensor Check" this is what I'm getting... F_ R_ S(* flashes and then stays ON) H* O* C* L* P*

ANY IDEA TO SOLVE THIS ?????

Have to do 3 car wraps for next friday and printer not working!!!!

sfr table hockey

Are you able to get into the service menu and do a "Linear encoder check"?

If you have not done this you may also need to do a calibration of the scan direction (also in the service menu).

These were things it said to do once you replace the encoder strip.

JayMaxx

Yes, Encoder Check "Completed" seems like no problem with that, calibration of scan done too... still the same problem!

sfr table hockey

Do you still get an encodor error or is that no longer coming up?

With the sensor check, have you looked at all 3 (front, rear and the other you replaced already) to see if something came loose or came out of place and is blocked?

Did you try the old "power all down and turn off and unplug for a min and start back up" ?

I'm lost for ideas. Hope someone else can chime in.

JayMaxx

Yeap, tried almost everything they have recommended... nothing's working. I can't even get the machine to do the "DEMO" print, it starts and stops.... this is really killing me!!! the Roland Tech guy came over yesterday and still scratching his head... getting a new machine soon, cause seems nobody can resolve this...:frustrated:

CS-SignSupply

Does it set up the media correctly? Will it allow you to do cleaning cycle? Do you receive a specific error message when trying to do the DEMO print?

JayMaxx

Yes, it does everything correctly, does the cleaning, encoder check, env match, etc... sometimes it starts printing... print one pass and stops... "Encoder Error..."Turn Power Off"

I will try to upload a video, so you guys can see

CS-SignSupply

Would make more sense that you would be getting a motor error rather than encoder... odd.

I would move on the the cut carriage cable and print carriage cable or board... both of these pass info from the cut and print assemblies to the main board. A break in communication might be causing this.