Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cj-500 issues

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by anozira02, Jul 7, 2012.

1. anozira02

anozira02 Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Prescott, arizona
    In the proses of installing a print head I somehow caused a short by the flat cable came in contact with metal while dangling while I changed the print head... I always turn the printer off prior of working on it, this time I got distracted and now the printer wont even power up. In the process the fuse burnt out on the power supply. I replaced the fuse but still wont power up, I suspect I may have to replace the head carriage brd, which I will order in the next day or so...Did this ever happen to anyone of you? All inputs would be welcome....

Tags:
  2. wedosigns

wedosigns Member

Sep 8, 2011
    I do not want to go there. Mother said if you got nothing good to say, don't say nothing at all, lol.
    Damn brother you did not unplug the printer?
    I always unplug it and hit the turn on 5-6 times to get rid of the electro static before taking parts out.
    On a more positive note, contact artbot to find out were to get the boards repaired. I think it will be way more economical.
    I really could not tell you what went bad. But I wish you the best of luck!
    Cheers Bruce

3. wedosigns

wedosigns Member

Sep 8, 2011
    I just checked out one of Artbots posts, it is macmedia that he uses. I do think they are a merchant member here.

4. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Maybe it's time to trade in that slllllllllllllllllllllow printer and get something more up to date.

5. anozira02

anozira02 Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Prescott, arizona
    I know I been a total idiot" the funny thing about it I know better... I am going to see if I could have the board repaired, I am pretty sure it is the SW. power supply brd.

6. artbot

artbot Very Active Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Houston TX
    artbot? is he still i business? i'm pulling my slider and main board to send off to kent at macmedia today because my printer is booting but not firing. kent knows a lot about these printers. there are techs, then there are guys like kent, that get left with the "unfixable" issues. he's probably heard every symptom possible and been a part of its diagnosis.

7. odhisteve

odhisteve New Member

May 10, 2012
    kenya
    i think there must be something wrong with the power supply, replacing the fuse will not fix the problem there must be a component that is faulty.

8. anozira02

anozira02 Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Prescott, arizona
    Well... I sent the main board to Kent at mac media...he thought it's a main board issue...will see what happens when I get it back