• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cj-500 issues

anozira02

In the proses of installing a print head I somehow caused a short by the flat cable came in contact with metal while dangling while I changed the print head... I always turn the printer off prior of working on it, this time I got distracted and now the printer wont even power up. In the process the fuse burnt out on the power supply. I replaced the fuse but still wont power up, I suspect I may have to replace the head carriage brd, which I will order in the next day or so...Did this ever happen to anyone of you? All inputs would be welcome....

wedosigns

I do not want to go there. Mother said if you got nothing good to say, don't say nothing at all, lol.
Damn brother you did not unplug the printer?
I always unplug it and hit the turn on 5-6 times to get rid of the electro static before taking parts out.
On a more positive note, contact artbot to find out were to get the boards repaired. I think it will be way more economical.
I really could not tell you what went bad. But I wish you the best of luck!
Cheers Bruce

wedosigns

I just checked out one of Artbots posts, it is macmedia that he uses. I do think they are a merchant member here.

anozira02

I know I been a total idiot" the funny thing about it I know better... I am going to see if I could have the board repaired, I am pretty sure it is the SW. power supply brd.

artbot

artbot? is he still i business? i'm pulling my slider and main board to send off to kent at macmedia today because my printer is booting but not firing. kent knows a lot about these printers. there are techs, then there are guys like kent, that get left with the "unfixable" issues. he's probably heard every symptom possible and been a part of its diagnosis.

odhisteve

i think there must be something wrong with the power supply, replacing the fuse will not fix the problem there must be a component that is faulty.

anozira02

Well... I sent the main board to Kent at mac media...he thought it's a main board issue...will see what happens when I get it back