• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cj-500 not printing good!

anozira02

My converted CJ-500 not printing very good on Oracal white glossy adhesive backed vinyl... The printout looks like it has the measles.. bunch of little red spost throughout the print...view the attachment and see what you think..

Attachments

• Loader..jpg
    Loader..jpg
    60 KB · Views: 67

tomence

What profile did you use. Whats your email i can send you a profile that i think will fix your problem. Also this printers are not meant to print on Gloss vinyl. You are better printing on matte and laminate with gloss lam.

anozira02

I assumed since I converted this printer to solvent ink I could print on glossy vinyl, it prints fine on just glossy paper but it does not like the vinyl. If you have a profile I could use it would be much appreciated...
frank_doyal@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

yeags

I just converted a CJ-500 to use eco sol max. I also installed pre and post heaters which eliminated most of the blotchy ink effect, though it still happens while printing dark colors. I'm using fdc glossy intermediate calendared vinyl, though I'm not sure if that has any different affect on print quality.

sfr table hockey

I have trouble with oracal 3641 which is not the lowest end but not the best either. Find some cast to print on or a high grade vinyl and you might see a big change. Oracal 751 (cast cut vinyl) says for thermal print, but it works real nice on my CJ.

The 3641 works fine for most layouts without photos but the heat has to be higher and I found the profile for WTBM super worked the best for me.

One that I used was for solvent not eco sol max but it worked.

anozira02

I took a second look of what glossy vinyl I used, it was Mactac...have no idea where it came from... might be a good idea to get some cast vinyl from Oracal...

anozira02

Tomence!

Thanks for the profile you sent me...will get around trying it this weekend after I finish what I started to work on! On mat vinyl all looks great...

wolf

Best vinyl to use for any converted Roland is the Arlon DPF 4000.

I am using a similar setup and have tested many vinyls. For some reason the issue is around the gloss levels which the converted printers don't work well with. The DPF 4000 is a matt finish and prints really well. Just laminate it to get the gloss. Hope this helps.

Joe