• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJ 500 SC 500 complete drop out of inks

ONYX-BERLIN

I own a CJ-500 converted it to an SC-500 and he has been nothing but great so far. Now i experience a a really awkward situation.

During the print cyan started to fade out and banding appeared. Looking up the issue here on Signs 101 I came up that ink starvation most likely would be the problem and started a cleaning run and air leak check on everything from the cartridges to lines, dampers, capping, heads etc. Did the cleanings cleaning, sucked on the capping station mith a syringe got nice vacuum and ink flow.

Test print absolutely horrific..

maybe 3-7lines on the left printhead on each color k,cy,mg - then changed the lines with the dampers of printhead 1 to printhead number 2 and vice versa - same horrible test print just diffrent colors.

Then changed the heads 1 to 2 and 2 to 1 still same pattern. But the head that created the horrible pattern produced now in slot number 2 a perfect pattern. So heads are both ok.

Swapped printhead ribbon cables, swapped the long ribbon cables from the mainboard - nothing changed

Another weird thing that happened today when i started up the printer it said "temperature too low" even though there was around 25 Degrees Celsius so perfect temperature - also it said "temperature too high"

One thing i might see as a problem it was very humid and hot so maybe static created a problem on parts of the printer or the mainboard.

Did anybody have the same issue? Is it the main board that's screwed? Does anybody know what options I have on the mainboard to check fuses and transistors. Could somebody please help as i invested days to fix it and need help by somebody who maybe knows the electrical side.

Thank you so much

wedosigns

So what I am reading is your left print head is miss firing?
You swaped out the dampers and the problem follows?
You swapped your lines to the right head and now the problem is on the right.
You do not have a problem with the heads, it is the ink line.
I would change out the dampers, but it is weird that all three colors have went bad at the same time. That to me would mean you are not getting enough suction from your capping station on one side.
Try cleaning it then do some medium head cleans, then test print to see is it is getting better. Keep doing it!
I just can't see how they would all go at the same time!
Also there is a line that goes from under the pad on the capping station to a little box. It HAS TO BE CLEAR. I did scream that lol.
If you have a clog in that line it will do exactly what you are describing.
You must make sure those line are not obstructed(no clogs).
Watch close when you do a head clean and the heads will move to the right twice. If one of those lines are clogged the ink will puddle in the capping station, and not discharge the ink properly therefore no suction=3 lines on the test print! Check those lines.
Good Luck
Bruce

ONYX-BERLIN

Thank you Bruce, i do need good luck.. this whole issue is sucking happiness and life force out of me, so much..

I did swap the lines and cappings of the right print head with the ones of the left print head and the same exact missprint occurs still on the left head now just with other colors (lc,lm,y instead of k,cy,mg)

I also did clean these little transparent lines so meticulously and so i did with the drain lines and so i did with the little square box. That machine is so so so so sooooo clean.

When I do the machine cleaning i can see the ink flowing nicely in the dispenser.

wedosigns

I would press down on the problem head lightly(there is a tab at the back that can snap off)while doing a medium head clean. See if you can create more suction. Do some head cleans. Then do a test print, if it is getting better, you may need to replace the capping station.

sfr table hockey

You talked about swapping the long ribbon cable. Did you remove the entire ribbon cable from each head and swap or just unhook from the board and swap places leaving the heads attached as they were?

If so then it may be possible that left ribbon has a crack in it and that is why when you just plugged the left ribbon into the right ribbon slot (on the board) still did not fire all the jets in the head but when you moved the heads the problem stayed on the left side.

If you did swap the entire ribbon cable then the issue may be on the board itself.

ONYX-BERLIN

I tried all possibilities with the ribbon cables.. Strangely it said, when I swapped the ribbon cables on the board itself, in the display "Temperature too warm" - super strange..

I really worked and tried a lot before asking for help also here in the forum. The roland tech also couldn't find a reason and he also said it might be the board.

Anybody an idea what i could check on the board with multimeters and electronics equipment?

Can't find a used board and buying a new one is almost 2 Grand.. It's such a big scheisse.. Excuse my french..

romichoux

Sorry i didn't see your post before but i think i know How to soluce this problem.

Please do not swamp Ribbon cable on the board. The head could heat and you could damage it. If you want to swamp Ribbon swamp them on the board and on the head simultaneously. Of course when the printer is switched off and discharged of power.

When you head fade out or overspray it's due to the print carriage board. 80% of chance!!!

I'm french tech for Roland printer.

If you need ref to find this board let me know. This is a well known problem.