• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJ 500 SC 500 Printing from Windows

ONYX-BERLIN

Does anybody have experience with using the CJ-500 or SC-500 from Windows, Autocad or MS-Office Programs?

I just can't seem to make it work. I also have a print server with lpt ports if that would be of help..

sfr table hockey

No on the versa works.

Other than using Flexi or Rolands Color Choice I am not sure if any others will run the CJ 500.

I do know if you have Color Choice installed you can print and cut direct from Illustrator but it uses Color Choice settings to do so.

I am also using a USB to serial cable to run the CJ.

As far as I know you can't run these printers like a desk top from MS office and such.

Color Choice should have been a free Rip program included with these old printers. Not sure if you can down load as that link has been removed but a person could send a disk with the program in the mail.

Also I do know that Color choice, when installing causes issues with AVG so you need to uninstall AVG before installing Color Choice. Can't just close AVG down, you must uninstall unless AVG has done an update to correct this issue.

ONYX-BERLIN

Thanks so much for your replys. Versaworks unfortunately doesn't run the printers.

Flexi does an excellent Job and so does the printer this thing is just amazing if you don't care about time :)

Color Choice I received directly from Roland a couple of weeks ago. They were really friendly and helpful.

As you described I really want to find a way to use it as an "installed" printer out of Autocad etc.