• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJ-500 SC-500 Vinyl Cutting crooked feed

ONYX-BERLIN

Hi, I hope somebody can help me with this.

I own a CJ-500 same machine as a SC-500 and there is a major problem I'm having.

When cutting vinyl the machine pulls the material extremely crooked so the material sometimes even gets moved out of one of the pinchrolls.

I changed the pinchrolls already but unfortunately no effect.

The strange thing though that it still does the cuts perfect.

So when it moves the material crooked forward then it moves it precisely! the same way back so the cuts and lines come out perfect..

The huge problem is that I always need to use material pretty much twice the size of the plott in order to not loose the feed. Can somebody please help or habe experience with this problem what can I do or fix to make it work right?

AutoGraphx

It sounds like the vinyl is not being started perfectly square. It probably will run straight if you are using a full roll of vinyl but if you are using a few yards at a time you have to make sure to start it off square. Put some tape with a reference mark in front and to the side of the pinch roller. Advance the vinyl a couple of feet to see if it stays straight. When you get it to where it is feeding straight you can use those marks as a guide in the future.