• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJ-500 Wont' forget I turned it off Illegally

Cope

This happens to all vinyl cutters at some time and has happened to this machine, the cutting head crashed into the vinyl and jammed it up..I reached to the back and turned off the main power instead of the sub power on the front panel, but this time it's telling me it was Illegally turned off and to turn off the power...so I turn it off with the sub power and then the main power but when I turn it back on it still sez it was Illegally turned off. I must have turned it on 100 times since, but I still get the same Illegal shutdown, turn power off. When this happens the fans slow down and it "churps" at me til I turn it off.
I called Roland in CA. they don't know....they e-mail'd Japan they sent back a list that it could be that was most of the machine.....Oh, and the local Service Guy has never seen one....any Ideas?

Cope

Unplugged

I did...I unplugged it, disconnected the printer cable, removed it's battery from the motherboard, removed all the cables on the motherboard to bleed off the capacitors and left it for 26 hours....