• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cj500 converted to sc500 dark colors on prints

sickstyle

Hi,
i have a problem with roland sc-500.i bought it a few weeks ago.one of printheads was not working good then i replaced the printhead myself. after replacement i made bidirection. if i print a demo i get pretty results, colours are okay so i have no doubt about printheads or inks or something else.

i use flexisign 8.5 and i have found no icc profiles for this printer and they were not included when i got it.so tried to make my own icc profiles but didnt work as you guess.

for a couple of days, im trying to get prints and eveytime i print the result is horrible.if i print a tulips foto( sample foto of windows 7) greens are almost black, light yellow is oke but the darker side of yellow its too dark. and if i print an another flower foto(sample foto of windows 7,orange colour) oranges are little dark but darker sides of flower are so dark again.

im printing without any icc profles, what i do is just setting up my material( current test material is matte viny) and CMYKlclm, fine2/super or photo (variable, even if i change dpi section, i see not much diffirence, print is still so dark)and SO Difficion is chosen on settings of production manager.

i had darker print results before i setted up to factory defaults.after i've chosen factory defaults i got better prints but still so dark.

once, i thougt printer gives lot of black ink over the print and i turned of black ink in the separation section. but changed nothing. same dark prints.

i have tried lot of thing for days, but i cant find the problem.(most of you going to say load a icc profile, but i dont have them and i cant find them for my roland.most of icc profiles are eco-sol-max not eco-sol. and even if i try loading icc profile from another device like soljet 2 xc 540, flexi doesnt load it)

im really stuck with this problem and i want begin with printing as much as soon. i can upload some photos of results tomorrow if needed.but for now.
HAS ANYONE HELPFULLY IDEA?
Thanks allready

deegrafix

Get the Color Choice 4.5 RIP and it has the profiles in it. My Roland dealer sent me a copy for free a few years ago. It won't run on an OS newer than XP though.

sickstyle

after given a few try i have better results.i made my own color profile manually.but its not perfect yet , still darker than it has to be. i just realized something, and i wonder if it can be the reason that i get darker colors.
on the cyan cartidge i saw its a eco-sol max, and all the orher inks are eco-solvent. can it be a reason to have dark prints? is max solvent ink darker than regular solvent ink?
thanks...

color issues

Using different inks can cause the problem, we had the same issue. we found that flexi causes color issues we have had to save it as a pdf and open in adobe then export it to the colorchoice software to get accurate colors.. I have not been given a good eplanation other than it is the way flexi works ... if you find any color profiles for this please let me know where you found them as I have been unable to find color profiles for this printer ..... good luck

sydpos

sc500 4col noob

hi

the recent threads re sc500 are really really helpful, thanks!

we have picked up a working antique fj42 converted to 4col ecosolvent (essentially a sc500 without cutter i am told) to print posters. nothing fancy.
i have been advised running colorchoice (free) rip is the go at this point. could anyone suggest profiles for cmyk only?

any other snippets greatly appreciated
regards
adrian