• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cj500 Icc Profile Issues

transam

Hey All, I purchased a Roland Cj500 converted to solvent inks a few months back. I'm currently running signlab with it. I'm having quite a difficult time with colors. Finding icc profiles for it seems to be nearly impossible. Roland no longer supports it, I've checked with oracal also.

Wondering if anyone out there is running a cj500 with signlab & would have some custom icc profiles??????????

Also if anyone is running this set up, which printer driver do you use in VPM? Cammjet is reg a water-based printer, so I chose the Roland Soljet printer driver. (I was recommended when purchasing the printer to always run it as an SC500, however Signlab does not have that option.

Thanks for your time everyone. Lots of useful information on this forum.

tomence

CJ500 is a water based printer, so that's why you can't get profiles for it from Roland's website or Signlab. Now you can run your printer as CJ500 using a custom profile for solvent ink. I have one i can send it to you to try if you can give me your e-mail address.

transam

What I've been learning is a profile has to be specific to signlab. I've tried multiple hopeful promising print modes, the only one i was able to load, was one a cadlink tech had sent me (it was pretty far off org had been created for a newer printer. I will keep trying different profiles. I'm hoping to find someone who runs signlab with a solvent converted Cj.
Another issue I'm facing is color palettes. I have yet to find one in signlab that has nice bright colors, & a nice selection. I'm still new to color names & values, but am trying to learn. I created my own shop palette from different color palettes, still unsuccessful. Is there any one common palette most use?

Gabriel

It's very important to know what kind of ink are you using. Why don't you try to use Colorip or Colorchoice? Or maybe Flexysign...I don't know if it's compatible. But it works great with colorrip and you can easily find some ICC profiles for that.

transam

Im running Roland Inks. I have 3rd party Triangle, but would prefer to stick with the Roland. I do have Color choice. Which prints somewhat better than signlab, still not great. However, there are to many issues with in colorchoice. I make a contour around my design in signlab & when imported to colorchoice, does not recognize it as a cut path. I am hoping to get signlab set up for everything.
I'm using orajet 3651 glossy and matte.