Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CJV 150-160 CAP Adjustment

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by Prairie Portable, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Prairie Portable

Prairie Portable Member

Jan 29, 2020
    Regina
    My cap seems to park itself more on the left of the print head and isn't really sitting in the centre of the head. I went into the adjust capping menu and go to move it over to the right more but it just moves the entire carriage over with it, ultimately making the cap sit in the same position no matter what value I change in the capping adjustment menu. Any tips as to why that is? How can I adjust the position ?

Tags:
  2. Stafford Cox

Stafford Cox New Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Kent, UK

The 150/300 has a 'capping block' which bolts to the side of the capping station with 2 bolts. The earlier ones don't have any movement but the later ones have a slotted hole so you can adjust them. Maybe that needs replacing?

3. hand851

hand851 Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com

Nov 22, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    The adjustment is the plastic stop that the print head carriage hits to lift the cap to meet the head. Mark location with a fine tip sharpie, loose (roosen) 2 screws and move it in the direction to correct where cap is touching print head. You can do a soft clean and during the cleaning process watch the cap, look at the right and left sides of the cap. The magenta should be equal on both sides inside the cap gasket.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  4. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Quoting the tech manual I see! lol