• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV 150-160 CAP Adjustment

My cap seems to park itself more on the left of the print head and isn't really sitting in the centre of the head. I went into the adjust capping menu and go to move it over to the right more but it just moves the entire carriage over with it, ultimately making the cap sit in the same position no matter what value I change in the capping adjustment menu. Any tips as to why that is? How can I adjust the position ?

Stafford Cox

My cap seems to park itself more on the left of the print head and isn't really sitting in the centre of the head. I went into the adjust capping menu and go to move it over to the right more but it just moves the entire carriage over with it, ultimately making the cap sit in the same position no matter what value I change in the capping adjustment menu. Any tips as to why that is? How can I adjust the position ?

The 150/300 has a 'capping block' which bolts to the side of the capping station with 2 bolts. The earlier ones don't have any movement but the later ones have a slotted hole so you can adjust them. Maybe that needs replacing?

hand851

Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com
The adjustment is the plastic stop that the print head carriage hits to lift the cap to meet the head. Mark location with a fine tip sharpie, loose (roosen) 2 screws and move it in the direction to correct where cap is touching print head. You can do a soft clean and during the cleaning process watch the cap, look at the right and left sides of the cap. The magenta should be equal on both sides inside the cap gasket.

idydltd

any advise on setting the cap? Just got a new head fitted but cant get suction. Dont think I have the cap adjusted right.