• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV 150-160 Edge to Edge Printing

JetPress

I got a job that requires a 30x150" decal to be printed. I have a 54" roll but rather than wasting vinyl on the taller roll I want to see if its possible to print on the 30" roll instead. Is there a setting that will let me print to the edges? I heard about taping vinyl to the edges to trick the printer however this is a really long print.

Last edited:

Lady Who

I got a job that requires a 30x150" decal to be printed. I have a 54" roll but rather than wasting vinyl on the taller roll I want to see if its possible to print on the 30" roll instead. Is there a setting that will let me print to the edges? I heard about taping vinyl to the edges to trick the printer however this is a really long print.

Yes, you can set up negative margins, I'm not sure, but it's limited to -10mm. Refer to the manual (see attachment)

Attachments

• margins.jpg
    margins.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 176

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
If you did it you'd have to build in some bleed and then you'd be printing onto the aluminum platen under the print area and probably getting ink all over the place, onto the hold downs and possibly into the vacuum holes and definitely onto the backing paper so it wouldn't be worth it. The non-dry ink on the backing paper might transfer to the print side as well if you're using the take up reel. Plus the media clamps would get in the way. I can't imagine the headache would be worth the savings in material. Can you buy a 36" or 38" wide roll instead?

JetPress

Thank you for your response. I figured it would be a hassle if possible and would of been a big head ache anyways. We ended up using our 54" roll instead and tts rare where we get a job that I can't fit on the 30" or 54" so we never purchase any other sizes.