Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CJV 150-160 Edge to Edge Printing

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by JetPress, Feb 20, 2020.

1. JetPress

JetPress Member

Dec 10, 2018
    Texas
    I got a job that requires a 30x150" decal to be printed. I have a 54" roll but rather than wasting vinyl on the taller roll I want to see if its possible to print on the 30" roll instead. Is there a setting that will let me print to the edges? I heard about taping vinyl to the edges to trick the printer however this is a really long print.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  2. Lady Who

Lady Who Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Brazil
    Yes, you can set up negative margins, I'm not sure, but it's limited to -10mm. Refer to the manual (see attachment)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. hybriddesign

hybriddesign owner Hybrid Design

Jul 31, 2012
    Honolulu
    If you did it you'd have to build in some bleed and then you'd be printing onto the aluminum platen under the print area and probably getting ink all over the place, onto the hold downs and possibly into the vacuum holes and definitely onto the backing paper so it wouldn't be worth it. The non-dry ink on the backing paper might transfer to the print side as well if you're using the take up reel. Plus the media clamps would get in the way. I can't imagine the headache would be worth the savings in material. Can you buy a 36" or 38" wide roll instead?

• Like Like x 1
  4. JetPress

JetPress Member

Dec 10, 2018
    Texas
    Thank you for your response. I figured it would be a hassle if possible and would of been a big head ache anyways. We ended up using our 54" roll instead and tts rare where we get a job that I can't fit on the 30" or 54" so we never purchase any other sizes.