Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help CJV 150 please help me with this stupid disaster

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by Lady Who, May 20, 2020.

1. Lady Who

Lady Who Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Brazil
    I've pulled about 20 ml of ink from cyan cartridge and injected to complete the other cyan, with same expiry date. Then as I keep on printing, cyan ink was gradually disappearing and then, I did a test print and boom, no cyan visible! Tried the fill up ink option, but it popped error, low ink level as cyan is 9%. SS21 original mimaki ink.

Do you think I've destroyed the printhead or a new cartridge is enough to solve it? I injected the ink slowly, I'm pretty sure the was no air bubble in the syringe...

P.S: there was already 1 magenta and 1 cyan line missing, but after injecting ink in cartridge, the last cyan disappeared.

Gonna visually inspect for air in the lines, be right back :(

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Lady Who

Lady Who Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Brazil
    Yes, seems air in the cyan line ... you think my printhead will damage if I wait about 20 hours to get a new cartridge and fill up ink? Is fill up enough to remove air in the line or it's not that simple?

Attached Files:

3. jimmmi

jimmmi Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Athens Greece
    Put a syringe to the appropriate damper and pull until all the air pass the line and damper and finally remove it from the ink tube

• I Appreciate You I Appreciate You x 1
  4. Lady Who

Lady Who Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Brazil
    Thanks a lot jimmmijimmmi , I got the tech come and solve it

5. jimmmi

jimmmi Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Athens Greece
    How he finally solved it?
    For knowledge purposes

6. Lady Who

Lady Who Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Brazil
    He did exactly what you said: disconnected the damper and pulled the ink with a syringe, tapping the damper side until all air was gone. Lost about 10 ml of ink plus some ink in the fill up afterwards. I didn't want to try it myself, beucase I messed up enough things already. But I still wonder if there's a safe way of refilling those cartridges safely... If anyone knows, please tell us.

7. jimmmi

jimmmi Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Athens Greece
    Refilling the OEM cartridges?

8. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Sounds a lot like you’d save more money just buying ink cartridges and using them normally than the headache that comes from trying to save $3 worth of ink

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lady Who

Lady Who Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Brazil
    Yes, I'd like to refill the original mimaki SS21 cartridges... usually it lefts 20 to 40 ml over in each cartridge and I want to, let's say, recycle that residual ink...

10. Lady Who

Lady Who Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Brazil
    Yeah, you're right, maybe only because I did it the wrong way. But unless I know exactly how to do it properly, yes, it's stupid idea :(

11. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Have you looked into third party inks? Pretty much everyone sells it and we’ve ran third party inks for about five years with no problems. About 1/3 of the price too.

My guess is that the inks are filled slightly over 440ml so you can use the advertised amount safely and not get air in the lines. It’s not surplus it’s just necessary.

12. Lady Who

Lady Who Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Brazil
    Yes, you guessed right, still, I'd like to use every drop of ink :D Not only to save money, but also to generate less waste.
    I never thought about using third party inks before, but actually I'll start considering this possibility, since using one of the most expensive Mimaki inks, I have my printhead missing 2 entire lines after only 2 years of having this machine, bought brand new, so, I'm not sure it's really worth it using OEM inks

13. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    It really depends on how much you were running the machine but when we figured in the costs, we could have bought a new print head every 4-6 weeks with the money we were saving on OEM vs third party inks.

We’re still on the same head since the switch but it saved a LOT of money. Enough money that I didn’t even feel the need to save 20ml of ink per cartridge!

14. Lady Who

Lady Who Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Brazil
    Wow, that's good. And what ink do you use iPrintStuffiPrintStuff , so I can learn more about it?

Last edited: May 27, 2020