• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cjv-30 160 printing problem !!!!

PhantomNeon

I have this big issue with my Mimaki Printer, for more than 6 months, I can't print almost any solid colors.
printer is 2008 ( I bought in 2010), use Flexi-sign pro as a rip software.
I tried everything possible, the Advantage technician just replaced all the dampers,both capping stations and pumps, he made some test and told me that I need to play with the profiles.
It doesn't matter what profile we use, or make any combination of rendering intent, different profiles, etc....the lines are always there...
if we make a test print it looks fine, but in oranges, red and blues, the lines are incredible visible.....
Even if we rasterize they are still there. ( already adjust media compensation)
Has somebody ever experienced a problem like this ?
We have this problem since September/2012 and the problem persist...
we're printing in unidirectional mode ( 4,8 or 16 passes doesn't make a difference)
Is it just the quality of the Mimaki printers ?

Attachments

• 20130503_171526[1].jpg
    20130503_171526[1].jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 20130503_171450[1].jpg
    20130503_171450[1].jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 113

iaintnoprophet

I find it happens with heavier media. I find it helps to unroll the feeder roll a bit so the printer is just picking up the slack.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Are you using OEM/3rd party ink cartridges or a bulk system? I would take the top middle cover off as well as the ink cartridge cover to check the lines for air. The lines should have solid color. You can easily see air if it is in the system. If there is air, that's your problem.

PhantomNeon

Are you using OEM/3rd party ink cartridges or a bulk system? I would take the top middle cover off as well as the ink cartridge cover to check the lines for air. The lines should have solid color. You can easily see air if it is in the system. If there is air, that's your problem.

We only use original Mimaki SS21, if the air is the problem how do you fix that ? we heard that from the technician and that's why we replace the pump...
thanks.

Prism1

We have a Brand new one ( 5 days old ), and are having the Same problems ( it's actually the second one in 2 weeks, since the first one was deemed to have "problems" ). I'm about fit to be tied right now with not getting any help from the dealer or the mfg to get it resolved. The Factory tech pretty much told me the same thing Friday night..."Blues are gonna be hard to print. Your gonna see lines. Just keep tweaking it". Really ?? I expect that from my 5 year old Roland, but sure as hell not from a new machine.

Prism1

And you should NOT have to print in Uni. Another tech down there last week said "You should be printing in 16 pass so you can impress you customers". Ya....ok.

121a

We have the same printer and from time to time we have this issue. Most of the time though we have really nice solids. This may be silly but make sure you maintain it with nozzle washes, pump tube washes, and even try an ink fill up (to possibly resolve air in the line?). Heat settings would be my next thing to check. Start with the pre and print heaters at 35C and work your way up from there. I think our pre heater is higher than our print heater by a few degrees. Post heater is at 50C all the time. Also, we always use the 3M 180V3 profile for ALL of our materials and get very good results. I would recommend starting there and tweaking accordingly.

Good luck!

Masseria

Actually, i wouldnt change the dampers, because you are not having ink supply issues.... nor air in the tubes. but you must check this.
Im using a Jv33-160 with 4 pass Bi-D 540x720. 100x1.6 mts in 7,5 hrs aprox.
Had this problem for a year, solved last month...
But i work with sublimation ink for textile, so, the straight lines or difference is almost invisible when transfering to the clothes or threads. so we continue working like that for a year..
last month, Cyan was dead (ran out of ink) tried to recover it.I did,. but Black head (didnt have any issues) collapsed and stopped working....

So we replaced the Printhead for a newone and now is working just perfect...
Because the printhead is expensive we try everything before buying new one...

So If i were you, i would:
1) Damper Check
Make 100% CMYK In the profile you are using in a simple paper roll (no transfer, nor expensive or good, Something CHEAP) for 1 mtr long per color aprox.. or cheapest media you have.
if you see any lines in that mtr for example, 30 cm from start Yellow disapear and then comes back and its not regular. then you have a Damper Feeding issue (Ink is not going into the printhead like it should) can be pressure, bad damper, bubbles ,etc).
2) Captop Check
Check Captop. To do these take out the pump cover unplug the tubes that absorbs from the cap top. Seal one of the 2 tubes coming from the captop and absorb from the other while printhead is on the top. If you absorb Air, then your captop is not working as it should (not sealing properly), if you absorbo whith the syringe and when you release the pressure it goes back to original position, then captop is working good, making good seal with printhead and not air coming in.
3) Pump Check
Check pump. Connect everything back like was before(if you do Step 2), and make a hard cleaning, Check if pump tubes vibrate, this will show you that pressure is good and no tubes are broken making air contamination.
Also take out the tubes going to the ink residual bottle, and check if ink is coming out from them.
4) Encoder Strip Check
if all parts are working good: start taking a look at the Encoder Strip. might have some ink on it and this can make data loss and of course printing problems.
5) Printhead Check
Make a manual headwash with a sryinge and cleaning solution taking out the dampers and sending solution with low pressure through. if you see like a liquid courtain (not drops) printhead is clean and working good.
---This is where we had the issue---

If this doesnt help...
Then some techguy with knowledge must be present and see the issue in person.

Good Luck!

PD: Sorry for my english-