• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cjv auto clean settings

I just picked up a used cjv150. The current settings are:

Refresh 1hr
Pump tube 24hr
Cleaning off.

What are the defaults and recommended settings ?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Those are the defaults and they work well without using a lot of ink. If the machine sits for long periods of time like multiple days in a row you might want to turn cleanings on to 12 hours.

Thanks for the reply. I was wrong and my tube wash was set to 48 hours. Do you have any info on what the specific cleanings do and how much ink they use to complete. If I turn on cleanings should I have it set to soft,normal, ultra, hard?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Soft uses the least amount of ink and is pretty much useless for getting rid of clogged nozzles. It is what I would set it to for the auto cleanings though so you don't waste a lot of ink but still keep the nozzles fresh.

Normal uses about double that of soft. Not a ton but enough that it is good for getting rid of clogged nozzles.

Hard uses about double Normal but is really good at getting rid of a lot of clogged nozzles . Usually if a normal doesn't do the trick, I do a hard after.

Ultra uses a ton of ink and you should only really use it if multiple hard cleanings doesn't remove clogs and you are pulling your hair out trying to get a good nozzle check. Even then if hard cleanings aren't doing the trick, you most likely have a bad cap top or something. Ultra should be very rarely used.

JetPress

Ultra uses a ton of ink and you should only really use it if multiple hard cleanings doesn't remove clogs and you are pulling your hair out trying to get a good nozzle check. Even then if hard cleanings aren't doing the trick, you most likely have a bad cap top or something. Ultra should be very rarely used.
Could you explain a little what you mean a bad cap top. For the longest time on one our Mimaki printers will have a single spot of black clogged in the test print. No matter what we do we can't unclog it.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Could you explain a little what you mean a bad cap top. For the longest time on one our Mimaki printers will have a single spot of black clogged in the test print. No matter what we do we can't unclog it.

The cap top seals up to the bottom of the head and a pump pulls a vacuum so that ink flows through the head and into your waste tank. This is what pulls clogs out. If the cap top can't create a seal with the head, the vacuum the pump pulls is either too weak or non-existent so it just pulls air which means no clogs get sucked out. Usually a bad cap top is either physically damaged, dirty and/or the rubber is simply worn out so it doesn't create a good seal. They should be changed at least once per year. At the end of the day, if you can't get a nozzle to come back even with a new cap top, it's either physically closed shut from a head strike, the clog just goes too deep inside the head or the piezo crystal that pushes the ink out is jammed or otherwise broken.

Soft uses the least amount of ink and is pretty much useless for getting rid of clogged nozzles. It is what I would set it to for the auto cleanings though so you don't waste a lot of ink but still keep the nozzles fresh.

Normal uses about double that of soft. Not a ton but enough that it is good for getting rid of clogged nozzles.

Hard uses about double Normal but is really good at getting rid of a lot of clogged nozzles . Usually if a normal doesn't do the trick, I do a hard after.

So I'm having a strange issue that I think is due to the wiper not wiping the head. The bottom test print was the first test after the head was parked in the capping station. The middle test print is after a 1 min nozzle wash and the top test is after a second 1 minute nozzle wash immediately after the first one. I'm noticing during the nozzle washes that the wiper doesn't seem to be high enough and after the head goes across the wiper there is still ink on the bottom of the head. It's a brand new wiper, the old one did the same thing. Is there a way to adjust the wiper height?

Attachments

• IMG_7586.jpeg
    IMG_7586.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 141
  • IMG_7595.jpeg
    IMG_7595.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 140
Last edited: