• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV150-130 ink wastage

solantis

Im coming from a roland vp540 and usually the ink cartridge is about 95% empty when I get a "out of ink" notification on the printer. On the Mimaki CJV150-130 theres about 100ml left on every cartridge, is there a way to save this as I have accumulated a few cartridges already could easily get 1lt per colour

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Every once in a while a cartridge will not empty fully but if it's happening on all the colors all the time, make sure your machine is at least close to level. If it's tilting enough in one direction, it can make the carts trip the empty sensor too soon. Also, it could be a sign that the maintenance station isn't working to full capacity. If the cap top is over a year old, I'd replace it and flush the pump lines to make sure they aren't completely or partially clogged.

solantis

Machine is 100% level.. I spoke to a technician and he says all the CJV150-130 machines does the same thing on the 440ml cartridges and that he has the software to modify the chip but the next amount would be 600ml and i wouldn't want to do that as i'll be getting air sucked into the machine

Is there no way to save and reuse the ink in another pouch or modify the chip to 500ml at least so that I dont waste so much

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Machine is 100% level.. I spoke to a technician and he says all the CJV150-130 machines does the same thing on the 440ml cartridges and that he has the software to modify the chip but the next amount would be 600ml and i wouldn't want to do that as i'll be getting air sucked into the machine

Is there no way to save and reuse the ink in another pouch or modify the chip to 500ml at least so that I dont waste so much
I try not to contradict other techs if I don't have to but in this case, I've installed countless CJV150s and I do not see this as a common issue. Once in a while one cartridge might not empty but for all of them to do it regularly, it's almost always caused by an underlying issue like a failing maintenance station or bad ink sensors etc. That's not to say that maybe your machine just had a quirk about it though.

That being said, you can get chips from a 3rd party for a higher mL count and trick the machine. No need to worry about air because the cartridge has a physical flag that sticks out when it's actually empty. No matter how much the chip says it has left, the physical flag always overrides it.