• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV150-130

Stickerman

No complaints here. I've had mine for about 5-6 years
Are there any known issues or inherent problems with the machine? What are some tips for me as I'm getting the smaller brother Mimaki CJV150-107 Print and Cut soon. I'm doing stickers, is it worth adding an Orange ink to the machine?

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Are there any known issues or inherent problems with the machine? What are some tips for me as I'm getting the smaller brother Mimaki CJV150-107 Print and Cut soon. I'm doing stickers, is it worth adding an Orange ink to the machine?
No just go with dual cmyk. I'd also spend a bit more to get the 54" just so you have a widen range of available material

Stickerman

No just go with dual cmyk. I'd also spend a bit more to get the 54" just so you have a widen range of available material
Thanks for the reply, is the CJV150 (SS21) an eco solvent ink or solvent ink? Does it smell when you print, i'm currently in a small office for the moment and the printer is only 5 feet away from me.

Notarealsignguy

Its eco.solvent and has some smell to it when you print a lot of heavy coverage. Mine is also in a small room, it doesn't bother me. I setup a charcoal filter and us it if it ever gets real bad but that isn't very often

Thanks for the reply, is the CJV150 (SS21) an eco solvent ink or solvent ink? Does it smell when you print, i'm currently in a small office for the moment and the printer is only 5 feet away from me.
It is eco solvent. It does smell, especially with heavy coverage. I built a small room with an exhaust fan.

John Miller

I've been running a CJV 150-160 for about a year. I have the orange and light black setup. The color gamut is quite good, can hit many more colors than my old Roland, but with the increased colors comes slow-ish print speeds. We aren't a production shop spitting out
miles of prints per month so the slow speed doesn't bother me much. If you intend to bang out long banners and lots of sgft per day, don't do the orange and light black

Orange doesn't add too much to the equasion, but they had to add something to the 8th slot :D . Light magenta and light cyan makes a huge difference, especially on gray gradients (again, it's not the light black ink). The cjv150-130 is a good machine, you can do extremely high quality prints, but be warned the rip is horribly terrible, like it was made before 1998. I'd defo go for a SC-S40600 tho, that's a beast.

Notarealsignguy

I think the RIP is fine for general usage but I like vintage 1990s software, no frills and a bit clunky but gets the job done.