• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV150-160 'Floating' crops

paperstrategies

Anyone ever have issues with crop marks printing in the wrong location? I try to do a simple print and cut, and the crops are almost 6" too high. So when it goes to detect the reg, it either doesn't find them or stretches the cut and my piece comes out with the wrong dimensions/unfinished cuts. I've reached out to my contacts and noone has been able to point me in the right direction.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Can you upload a picture as an example? I haven't seen this issue yet and I have installed about 10 of these machines.

paperstrategies

Can you upload a picture as an example? I haven't seen this issue yet and I have installed about 10 of these machines.

The crops at the bottom are correct. The top end is way off.

Attachments

• IMAG0669.jpg
    IMAG0669.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 109

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Interesting. Are you adding the crop marks using the FineCut plugin in Illustrator/Corel or through Rasterlink? Try both ways and see if one does better than the other. I believe this is going to be a software/workflow issue and not a printer issue.

paperstrategies

For sure. I've tried both options. The finecut plugin is supposed to not work with the latest versions of illustrator. But, I tried it anyway. I've also done as much manipulation as I can in illustrator, so as not to over stress Rasterlink. I've sent my files to mimaki and the techs there couldn't find anything wrong. I even remoted in to their system and setup it up the same way I would locally, and no issue. For the life of me, I can't figure this one out.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Does this happen on all jobs? I would try making a simple file like a square or circle and then add the crop marks. If it does the same thing, there is probably a bad setting somewhere that is causing the issue. It's a huge hassle but you could try reinstalling everything from scratch. This will reset everything to default settings. Other than that I can't think of what would cause this to happen.

paperstrategies

Not all jobs. Just a few. First thing I did was reinstall rasterlink and cjv. I've also updated my firmware. Could this be an issue with the profile I'm using? I haven't changed my print settings because all the color matching data is only relevant with the profile I have it set up on... right? Thanks for your time.

Jburns

Are you sure that there is no images or vectors, ( no fill - no color) above your upper text? it looks like the software is picking something up before applying the marks

Illustrator

I am a corel guy and my exports with or w/o reg marks are cutting perfect but when i tried to use AI and export from AI and the cuts are very much regardless if i add the marks in AI or rasterlink.

Russellpro

CJV150 Print/Cut Problem

We Just Installed our CJV150 with New PC with Win10 and CorelX8 and can Not get the machine to register a cut line perfect.
Our installer could not get it to work either.
Fine cut is not ready for Corelx8 (Confusing as to why?)

So add 1 Corel user with No Fix for this yet, and it happens on 80% of the print cut jobs we are testing.
Cutting basic decals 5 inch, half circle shape, with or without reg marks.

Our machine is 1 week old and we are (almost) ready to switch back to Roland at a Great expense on our part.
I like the Mimaki hardware, the features, the build, but the software end of this machine is behind and they need to address that?

I am reading of these problems all over the net on the CJV150's (Of course After I bought one) During my search I ready all wonderful things, always the way.
Now I want my Roland back.

paperstrategies

We Just Installed our CJV150 with New PC with Win10 and CorelX8 and can Not get the machine to register a cut line perfect.
Our installer could not get it to work either.
Fine cut is not ready for Corelx8 (Confusing as to why?)

So add 1 Corel user with No Fix for this yet, and it happens on 80% of the print cut jobs we are testing.
Cutting basic decals 5 inch, half circle shape, with or without reg marks.

Our machine is 1 week old and we are (almost) ready to switch back to Roland at a Great expense on our part.
I like the Mimaki hardware, the features, the build, but the software end of this machine is behind and they need to address that?

I am reading of these problems all over the net on the CJV150's (Of course After I bought one) During my search I ready all wonderful things, always the way.
Now I want my Roland back.

I assume you've done the print/cut origin adjust? From rasterlink. Not on the machine itself. That fixed the issue for me.

I fixed the issue with the floating crops by cutting without crops and it seems to be alright. It's not a job that has to be extra precise so I can get away with it but still haven't figured out what was wrong.