• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question CJV150 - can the pump be damaged by working without a printhead?

Lady Who

Hello there!
My CJV150 had its printhead damaged and removed until I get a new one, and also the inks. But I'd like to use the machine to cut and every time I turn it on, the pump and the refresh function work normally as if there was a printhead. I'm afraid the pump could be damaged too, since it is pulling nothing (there is no printhead and no liquid in the tubes).

Do you think this is something to worry about? Can this situation cause any more damage to the machine, or to the pump? If so, how do I disable the pump to prevent it from working to pull nothing? I want to use the machine to cut only for now, without the printhead.
Thanks in advance

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You'll be fine. These pumps are very robust these days. The only issue is that it's running without actually doing anything so it is getting normal wear and tear without any actual use but it's negligible. If you want to be over cautious you can just take the pump out and the motor will still run just without running the pump.