• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cjv30-100

vivi0512

in france !
hi everyone ( sorry for my english i m french ! )

I m in trouble with my cjv30-100
I explain, printhead is new, i ve replaced it,

and also the capping station and the pump,

i do a print test, and i ve 4 on the 8 channels firing well,

the others are blank ( not one drop of ink ).

All dampers are full of ink, well plugged, and when i clean the printhead with a syringe and cleaning fluid, there is ink in the "channels" who goes out of the printhead, even these who don't fire.

What can you think it could be ?

Also i ve noticed that when the ink pump is turning, there is air who came between cap and head,

does the capping station+ printhead is airproof on your printers ?

i ve noticed that because i try to suck up ink by bypassing the ink pump ( with a syringe ) under the capping station, and i suck air , so it s not working......

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
You are opening the ink cartridge valves before you try to suck ink with a syringe right? It is a sealed system and if you do not you are just putting a large negative pressure on the ink lines and everything else.

Aside from that, yes the capping top should seal to the head. There should not be air leaking in anywhere (should be airproof).

Did you get a genuine Mimaki pump or a generic Chinese one? I've seen many times generic pumps have problems and non last very long. Genuine Mimaki pump will last 3 to 5 years.

If you replaced entire capping station the new one must be aligned to meet and seal to the head properly.

vivi0512

in france !
thank you for the answer,

you know what ? some people are gonna be allowed to laught about me,

the new capping station that i bought on sign in china, doesn't have the small cork/plug under the cap top ,

i haven't see it, that s why i had an air leak when i use the syringe..... now i ve done 2 fill ink process and one manually ( with syringe ) et my trace test is wonderfull !!!!

I have 2 questions now :)

what settings do you set in the routine maintenance menu? ( i don't know if it is better to do a cleaning each 8 hours each 24hours ... ) your advice will be great !

is someone has an idea of a RIP who don't cost 2 arms ? i tried flexi 10 it is very great but it print white line if you don"t buy it so... i searching for the price, and i m almost dead xD

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
LOL - yes that second point on the bottom of the cap must be plugged. That will cause problems if not.

Maintenance settings depends on how much you use the machine. I will let others answer on that. A RIP that is cheap? No idea - we use Flexi. You might find Rasterlink on eBay for cheap? That is the RIP that comes with Mimaki - just need to be sure it is a version that supports your machine.