• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV30-130 Cross contaminating colors, but wait there's more!

signlords

Just replaced all the dampers on my CJV30-130 with authentic Mimaki dampers. Just routine maintenance time. Now the left side Cyan and Yellow are cross contaminating and the right hand cyan and yellow aren't shooting at all. I removed the right hand yellow damper and took a syringe filled with cleaning solution and gently pushed down through the manifold (something I have 5 years of experience doing on this specific machine with no issues) If I just remove the right hand yellow or blue damper and attempt to syringe cleaning solution in, it comes out of both locations at the bottom of the print head. (Example 1) If I remove the blue and yellow dampers and syringe through either one, nothing comes out the bottom instead it shoots out of the manifold of the neighboring color through the plastic port the damper fits on to. (Example 2) Any ideas on what is happening and what I should do next???
example1.jpg

example2.jpg

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Unfortunately that means the head is permanently damaged internally. Each channel is segregated from the other by a membrane. When it breaks it allows ink flow from the other channels which is why the solution came out of the other nozzle. It's also why the ink is contaminating.

signlords

Unfortunately that means the head is permanently damaged internally. Each channel is segregated from the other by a membrane. When it breaks it allows ink flow from the other channels which is why the solution came out of the other nozzle. It's also why the ink is contaminating.
Any idea what would cause that? Also would it be in the "head" or the manifold? I see replacement manifolds and it seems like a fairly simple swap.
Thanks!

Sound like the metal plate (bottom of the printhead) separated from the ink channels. That forms a cavity where ink can mix and flow out on the side instead of the nozzles, unfortunately that's not something that can be repaired.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Any idea what would cause that? Also would it be in the "head" or the manifold? I see replacement manifolds and it seems like a fairly simple swap.
Thanks!
In my experience it either happens randomly, due to old age and high use I assume, or it happens after a flush. Sometimes it's just too hard of a flush but other times it's the membrane already being weak from age and the flush tipped it over the edge. Unfortunately it's not the manifold. The manifold is more like a plastic tube but once it gets into the head, it's a thin membrane. Once that break, it's toast.

signlords

In my experience it either happens randomly, due to old age and high use I assume, or it happens after a flush. Sometimes it's just too hard of a flush but other times it's the membrane already being weak from age and the flush tipped it over the edge. Unfortunately it's not the manifold. The manifold is more like a plastic tube but once it gets into the head, it's a thin membrane. Once that break, it's toast.
I believe you guys have the best price on my printhead ;) Do I need it with the memory board or no?