• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV30-130 ERROR codes 202 and 42

PGilleland

After a two week vacation, I attempted to use my Mimaki CJV30-130 and got Error Code 202 and a lot of foreign writing on the digital screen. I found I could push the up or down arrow and get different foreign writing and if I pushed enter, I got error code 42.

Any ideas?

PGilleland

Have you tried looking the codes up on Google? You could call Mimaki and just ask them?

Yes to google - not having much luck.
My vendor is working on it too as the printer is under warranty, but I have been waiting a week for an answer/help.

I just hoped someone here would have some input.

Indigo Girl

Has anyone managed to find a solution to this problem? I came into work after a weekend and have the same thing foreign writing and everything

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
On a JV33 (this could be slightly different on a CJV30 since that has a cutter and might have other menus) once it has booted up.

Function> down arrow 5 times> enter > on this step the up and down arrows are changing the language, pressing enter saves the current selection. The displayed language does not change as you are choosing so it might be a bit of trial and error to get the right one.

On the errors - well get to those after. First and foremost is getting it back to English. My guess is the battery on the mainboard might be dead and it has reset back to factory defaults (much like a new mainboard being installed).

Attached is the mainboard change supplement. Error 42 is x motor overcurrent which is also a symptom of a replaced mainboard (or a mainboard that has been defaulted). Error 202 is a head error - usually only see that one on a machine that has a non-oem (generic aftermarket) print head installed but it can come up with an OEM head as well but usually goes away after a reboot if the head is an OEM one.
Not sure what the battery is off the top of my head on the mainboard but it is in one corner of the board and probably a CR2032 (or CR2025).

Attachments

• JV5JV33CJV30 Main PCB replacement.pdf
    78.9 KB · Views: 493