• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV30-130 - Incremental Cut error

andybonny

Hi,

I have a Cutting problem with my Mimaki CJV30-130….

I’m printing and cutting a set of stickers which I have setup using FineCut in Illustrator.

Each sticker measures 98x57mm and I have stepped and repeated the stickers in a grid of 11 across and 9 down with a gap in between each sticker. I have my cut layer set up and a third layer with one set of 4 crop marks (one in each corner of my grid). The Mimaki is using all 4 marks to establish the cut position.

My problem is the cut alignment starts well in the top right corner (the first cut) and worsens as the blade gets further across the grid. In fact the first row are cut well (this is the feed direction and also the cut sequence order). When the blade travels to the first sticker on row 2 it loses about 1mm in the feed direction an 0.5mm from left to right.
Each time it completes the 9 stickers down the blade then moves to the first sticker in the next column and adds the 1mm and 0.5mm error. By the time it gets the last column its really bad out.

When the sheet is finished I can see the cut alignment is getting increasingly worse the further into the cut sequence - Im seeing a staggered a staircase cut line on the top row or stickers instead of straight alignment.

I need to be pointed in the right direction as Im assuming adjusting the x and y offsets will push the whole cutter grid instead of dealing with the incremental error?

Thanks,

Andy

DreamPrinter

Hi,

I have a Cutting problem with my Mimaki CJV30-130….

I’m printing and cutting a set of stickers which I have setup using FineCut in Illustrator.

Each sticker measures 98x57mm and I have stepped and repeated the stickers in a grid of 11 across and 9 down with a gap in between each sticker. I have my cut layer set up and a third layer with one set of 4 crop marks (one in each corner of my grid). The Mimaki is using all 4 marks to establish the cut position.

My problem is the cut alignment starts well in the top right corner (the first cut) and worsens as the blade gets further across the grid. In fact the first row are cut well (this is the feed direction and also the cut sequence order). When the blade travels to the first sticker on row 2 it loses about 1mm in the feed direction an 0.5mm from left to right.
Each time it completes the 9 stickers down the blade then moves to the first sticker in the next column and adds the 1mm and 0.5mm error. By the time it gets the last column its really bad out.

When the sheet is finished I can see the cut alignment is getting increasingly worse the further into the cut sequence - Im seeing a staggered a staircase cut line on the top row or stickers instead of straight alignment.

I need to be pointed in the right direction as Im assuming adjusting the x and y offsets will push the whole cutter grid instead of dealing with the incremental error?

Thanks,

Andy

Hey! Did you find the solution to that problem? I have the same right now, please help! :D