• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cjv30-130 perf cut tips

jlalasvt

The perf cut has seemed a little iffy on this machine and somewhat hard to dial in accurately. It seems to tear and rip a lot. are there any suggestions? I have heard that guys use a "kiss" cut before the perf, Does it really help? Also. Are there any basic foundation rules applied to this process? Any help would be great. I would like to make this option for my customers time friendly and actually profitable to myself instead of 3 hours of trouble shooting every single time I set up a job.

Thanks,

- Joe

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
On the CJV they have an optional cut protection strip that is much softer and made specifically for the perf cut feature. I would look into getting one of those and using a 60 degree blade. Those 2 items should help cut down on tearing.

The force settings should not need to be changed very often if you are using the same material although the blade does wear out faster using the perf cut feature so you will have to replace the blade more often and the force required may go up slowly over time.

I wouldn't recommend kiss cutting a separate time. The cutter already kiss cuts while it is perf cutting so you would just be adding the extra headache of trying to get the cuts to line up. Play around with the distances that the cutter kiss cuts and perf cuts (in the perf cut settings). Some jobs do better when you perf cut most of the time and leave little "chads" intermittently. Some jobs do better with a more even perf cut to kiss cut ratio.