• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cjv30-130 problem

zibby

Did anyone run into this problem. Please help.
Printing head stops in the middle of printing .
This is the alarm im getting:
(MTR.ALM Y:CNT.OVER)
I HAVE NO IDEA :banghead:
tHANKS

zibby

Pic,

Attachments

• image-1732453791.png
    image-1732453791.png
    741.5 KB · Views: 187

lbumbaca

are you printing heavy banner i think i had this once i would let out some material becasue the roll was heavy banner that might have been on my roland give it a go when the roll got half done it ran fine

lbumbaca

motor alarm y = an excessive load was applied to the motor mimaki manual page7-12 or

y over current = an error due to an excessive current of the y motor was detected

zibby

Regular vinyl.
I my roll is 3/4 full but I guess you never know. I will keep an eye on that.
Thank you

leeb

Hi Zibby

If the error means that the stock is too heavy, it could also possibly be the platten is a little gummy/sticky from self adhesive glue.

Couple of months ago I had a repeating error "x-over current avg" when i was cutting small labels out of vinyl. I solved it by cleaning the platten, aluminium and powder coated black area and then chalking it with the slightest bit of chalk dust to lubricate it. (Didnt chalk the aluminum bit tho)

This is probably against what a lot of people on this forum would do as the chalk may end up on the head. But i dont think there was a risk as i used such a little amount.

Cheers
Lee

Rooster

Your Y motor is likely hooped. My local tech informs me that Mimaki is telling their techs to keep an eye out for problems as the Y motors aren't lasting as long as they thought they would.