• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions CJV30-130 software

mikewohlwend

I am looking at picking up a CJV30-130 locally and it doesn't come with any software.

What's a goodRIP software to look for?

L.D

If you are looking for an affordable RIP software I would recommend Rasterlink 6 plus. The software is about $360 and it’s made by Mimaki to run their printers. You can visit there website to download the printer driver and the software. Keep in mind without the purchase of the software you won’t have the activation key but it will give you 60 days to test drive if you select activate later.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I’d go with rasterlink 6 if this is your only printer. It does what it needs to and is literally made for mimaki. It’s cheap and does what it needs to.

If you plan on printing a lot, I’d highly recommend at least getting a trial of onyx at some point, it’s much easier to use, very visually friendly and has loads more extra options compared to a very basic rasterlink. We’ve had it a year and it’s already saved us countless hours. Plus if you ever want to start making your own profiles etc that’s also available to you.

(I even switched my CJV-30 from RL to onyx at the additional licence cost as its soooo much better). My two cents!

L.D

Onyx Or Flexi would be great if you have a couple thousand dollars laying around! Or if you want a monthly subscription payment. I wouldn’t spend that much just to run a 5 or 6 year old Mimaki CJV30.

Rasterlink 6 Plus would do the job just fine at a reasonable price. Unless you are looking for a Design and Rip combo software.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Not putting down Rasterlink, as it does what is needed. As Mikewohlwend is new to printing and on a budget, it would the best choice to start with.