Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CJV30-130 Test Print Issues.

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by Lewis Roberts, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Lewis Roberts

Lewis Roberts New Member

Jan 4, 2018
    North wales UK
    Hi guys, got a CJV30-130 here owned for almost 2 years. recently i've been having magenta issues, i will get around to upload a photo of a test print but the crux of it seems to be each time i run a test print the actual missing lines change almost each time i run it. i'm thinking it possibly is something other than some clogged nozzles as they'd been consistent if that's the case?.

Ran a few good cleans including an overnighter nozzle wash but can't seem to point this one out, it's had a new damper on the left side magenta in it's last service and also the capping station has been replaced any other ideas?

thanks!

Tags:
  2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Usually when nozzles move around like that it's an ink flow issue. If it's happening in all colors, usually you want to change the dampers first. If it's only happening in the left magenta, I see that all the time in these CJV30 models as they get older. Usually you need to change the cap slider and that will fix the issue most of the time. Post the nozzle check and it will be easier to tell if anything else is going on.

3. hand851

hand851 Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com

Nov 22, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    Replace the cap base and cap slider base. Is the magenta more on one side of the cap than the other?