• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cjv30-130 (x Overcurrent:ave)

MagentaSigns

My cjv30 had a majour issues recently and the mian board had to be replaced after 2yrs of use :( since then I have had this error (x Overcurrent:ave) when mainly cutting media. Has any one else had this issue. I have ad the enginner out today as well and he has stuck teflon tape all over the printer.

it feels like he has done a bodgit adn scarper on me. £15k printer& £1600 repair bill (new board) and then they stick teflon tape on . :S its just does not seem very proffesional to me. I did not have this issue at all before :(

mtygabriel

The only two times I've seen the OVERCURRENT issue have been when the carriage is stuck and cannot move. 1) The carriage caught the print media and crumpled it, fold and got on top of it and got STUCK. I've only had to get the media from underneath the carriage and move it back to its starting spot, turn the machine off and on and when restarted it was back to regular LOCAL mode. 2) Just yesterday I was turning it on and immediately would have that OVERCURRENT on the screen. I turn it off and on and again after pressing Enter and it would not go away. Upon closer look, for some reason and something I hadn't experienced before, the printhead was not lined up correctly with the cap top. I moved something on the right hand side of the capping station and it slid into place. That took care of it.

So in my experience, it happens when something is holding up the carriage although it is wanting to move. Hope this helps some.

MagentaSigns

I change my media type which had a more silicon based backing and it happens much less now but has still happens a few times. it should not happen at all as it did not do this prior to them changing my main board. it appears to be when the media is heavy or when there is media is touch the floor either side of the printer on long cuts.

BLSB1

fun stuff

I had the exact same issue a couple of months back and no matter how many times i turned it off and turned it back on it would always come back.

Hopefuly I can save you some time so you wont have to go through what I went through with this. After a long time of going back and forth with my dealer the dealer came out and went into the system parameters and adjusted the X motor current so that it pulled more current than it was pulling. even though now my machine makes a semi high-pitched noise when it is either detecting the media or switching modes... i have not gotten the error message since. I thought i had remembered running across a thread in 101 that had mentioned something about an aftermarket strip that can be added to correct this problem without adjusting the current but i didn't read it until after the problem was corrected by adjusting the current so I didn't look into any further. You might want to research it (if the extra noise is a deal breaker).

Anyway, I hope this helps.

ChicagoGraphics

Someone I know that had the same problem but only it was on a JV3, what they did was lightly oiled the 2 bars that the head assembly rides on and it fixed the problem, might want to try that, I know it sounds crazy but it worked.

ironchef

I had this happen today. My heaters were off. And i could tell it was from the media gripping the heaters too much. The heater were off as i just finished cutting a large print and cut job. And i leave my heaters off during cut. Maybe i should leave them on but at a lower temp...I'm also using a heavy, almost 4mil vinyl. Oh and i leave the inner wheels off and outer ones at medium. And cutting at high on outer wheels. (Mimaki cjv30). Oh and my main board was replaced a couple weeks ago. And i had the tech lower the current as it was making a high pitch sound. Lol. So im guessing i should call them to up the current back up? And leave the heat on during cut?

ReadyCut Print

Had the same error messages within a couple of months of my install. The technician here in Sydney was great...he adjusted the current being applied to the motor. Could be a similar issue. My machine was making a high-pitched noise during the cutting process that became worse over time. Now completely fixed...fingers crossed..and the machine runs much quieter and smoother.

ironchef

That's what i did. But beware. As you wont have strong enough power to pull heavy or extra grippy rolls.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
I had this issue this afternoon. google x overcurrent ave. Found the solution on signs101. two minutes later, problem solved. you rock signs101! My problem was the media was at the end of the roll.