• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cjv30-130

Rojo

We are looking at the CJV30-130 and wondering if anyone has purchased one of these and what your impressions are. Do to space constraints with our other printshop equipment a combo printer / cutter is required. I like the ink capabilities over the Versacamm. Not sure there is too much different after that. Don't know the Versacamm prices but we are seeing CV30-130 prices in the mid 18k area. Any comments?

messmedia

Hello.
I also wanted to buy that CJV, then almost decided to buy Roland vp 540, Now, my dead line to choose the machine and use discounts I got is really close, and I still am not sure about decision.

But, I will write what I saw and learn so far:

CJV has one print head - newer type of epson head, and it is the same as in new Mutoh VJ printers. That means U get really small smallest dot size, and it is 3.7 picolitres. Smallest dot size on ROland VP versacamms for example is 5 picolitres, and it is seen from 50 cm distance. So, with CJV You do get smooth, grainless immages, and print quality looks better, when it comes to smoothness and grain. Also, U might wanna check jv33 tests and topics, 'cause the printing system is the same.
Tests I've seen on CJV looks really good, even in 1050x520 mode. I also noticed very smooth and quiet printing from it. It just looks - firm, solid ... . Tech people did some cutting of printed material, and it was PRECISE. I also asked them to make 1mm mistake over the print, so I can see easily if the mistake is uniform on whole sheet, and it was - on length of one meter, if it made a mistake, it was not measureble with hand equipment.
Choice of colors is adventage too. Also option to get two cartidges of each color and have uninterrupted color suply.
The software I've seen looks ok, easy to figure out, though, I do not have any expirience in that. So, I believe it is common opinion anywhere that versacamm is much better, and easier to operate too.
Dealers who are selling Mimakis said they did not have a single intervention with their jv33 mimakis in past year, except once -total mess, but out of guarantee, 'cause dude used some chinese solvents for a month or so, then he locked his shop and went on one month vacation, with no flushing or cleaning the machine. So it was cloged. Also, few connection problems, but it was a problem of Windows, not the machine.
And that's it. All in all it seem like a nice machine. What was my drawback - solvent colors (SS21) - 'couse of odor (even if it is low) and infuence on health, and generall opinion is - Rolands has better color management. ALso, more users use Rolands - better online comunity help. But, since we have this nice forum, it is not much of a problem, right? :{)

So, I hope this information helps, and, if U buy, or U bought the machine already, please, send some feedback!!!!
:{)

messmedia

Oh, and I forgot:
here, with discounts I get vp540 400 euros cheaper than cjv30-160.
VP540V - 15500 euros, CJV30-160 15900 euros (1euro is around 0.78 bucks now, I think).

It is pretty big difference in width, both for print and cut, and can be crutial sometimes. And, U get more options to use materials also, with 162 cm print width.

Rojo

messmedia,

Thanks for the info. I ordered a CJV30-130 last week. About $18,500 US with some freebies thrown in. For some reason I usually choose the road less traveled(in regards to VersaCamm). I'll report my observations when it gets installed. Don't have an ETA yet.

KenG

I am being offered a CJV20- 160 for the same 18500 price.

Want to get feedback on the quality and the speed of these machines.

We do banners, posters, backlit screens and are hoping to do more decals, stickers, labels and car wraps.

thanks

bigben

messmedia,

Thanks for the info. I ordered a CJV30-130 last week. About $18,500 US with some freebies thrown in. For some reason I usually choose the road less traveled(in regards to VersaCamm). I'll report my observations when it gets installed. Don't have an ETA yet.

Please write somekind of review on it. I want to purchase this printer in a couple of months. I wanted a Roland, but this mimaki seems to be a good one.

Price here in canada is 33k with install and a ''startup bundle''. It's a big difference!

Rojo

The CJV has been installed and we've been running different samples through it.
Been in print for a number of years but new to this form. We decided to go with the included Rasterlink Pro IV RIP until I'm convinced we need to spend a couple grand on other software. The first dealer we talked to almost insisted that we purchase software that wasn't inferior like that supplied with the printer.

We've been running enlarged versions of the logos, etc. of our current client files for testing & comparison. So far the colors have matched extremely well using only 2 profiles. One for adhesive and one for banners. Maybe this will change as we acquire different materials.
I'm sure there is a use for these third party RIPs but so far I'm not seeing it for what we do.

Mimaki says to put the printer heat at 35-35-50 for whatever material you use that needs heat. Basically everything. We printed on several banner stocks and adhesive vinyls with consistent results. I've read so much here about profiles and adjustments for different stocks that I expected more tinkering.

We haven't used the contour cut alot yet but the tests we've run have worked well. Pretty interesting the process the machine goes through to go from printing to cutting. Looks on the surface like some potential for mechanical breakdown but the operation is really quite basic functionally. You really can just set up a print and cut, walk away and do something else for a bit and come back to the completed job.

My sights now are on ventilation. If you are printing anything of significance you don't want to be around the printer using SS2 inks. I'm looking at the Allerair 6000 series air cleaner. I am concerned I'll spend the bucks and it won't be adequate. Anyone with opinions on this please share your thoughts.