• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV30-160 bad registeration

GrooveRite

Hello all!

I am using Corel X5 and Fine cut to do my designs. I output the logo to Rasterlink 5 Pro SG and once in Rasterlink, do about 30 to 40 logos all 6"x6" squares. I am printing and cutting. The printing is beautiful but once the machine goes to cutting mode, the cut isn't 100% on registration. It is a bit off and very random at best. Is this normal with this machine or is there some configuration I may be unaware of where I can tweak the machine to cut closer to 100%? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Out There

Do a 500mm test adjustment. You will need a pen, a "twin tip fine/ultra fine" sharpie works best.

It will get it back to cutting perfect.

Attachments

• CJ 500mm sq test.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 134

GrooveRite

Sorry to report that the 500mm test didn't work. I'm pretty stumped with this problem. When I do one row of 10, 5"x5" square logos on a 55" roll, the cut seems to be pretty spot on. When I do 3 rows or more, it goes off registration. Is this a software issue rather than a device issue?? I'm using Corel X6 with finecut 8 plug-in to rasterlink 5 pro SG. Does Illustrator with finecut cause these same issues or is it possibly better than CorelDraw? My dealer told me that we could do up to 96" of material without losing registration. Is this true?

GrooveRite

Ive had the same problem when im cutting over two feet in.

Thats not good! We do a lot of decals and its the primary reason why we got this machine. I'm going to be running a few different things and trying to get some info from Mimaki to see if I can correct this issue some how. Will keep you guys posted.

Tekkie1

Tekkie of Many Things
Hello try changing the size and style of the current registration marks you use. it may take a couple of goes but it should then work I have clients that have increased the size in length of the rego marks and also the thickness of the rego lines and this has worked.
There is also a setup in service mode as well that a mimaki tech should be able to do
Tekkie1:wink:

GrooveRite

Hello try changing the size and style of the current registration marks you use. it may take a couple of goes but it should then work I have clients that have increased the size in length of the rego marks and also the thickness of the rego lines and this has worked.
There is also a setup in service mode as well that a mimaki tech should be able to do
Tekkie1:wink:

I'm just doing straight Print and cut on machine. I was told that the machine would print and cut perfectly when you send both together. I'm not putting any reg marks since I'm not stopping the machine after it prints.

ironchef

I kind of exaggerated earlier. I've cut stuff five foot long with no problem. No reg. Marks? Really? i always use reggy marks. Why? In case an error comes up for whatever reason, and then your left with a print with out the cut.

ReadyCut Print

No probs with our CJV 30-130 when Reg marks used in the suggested sizing through Rasterlink via Illustrator. We've accurately cut small stickers and large items with no loss of accuracy. Agree with ironchef above that Reg Marks are a great bonus when error messages appear during cut. You can restart knowing that the cutting will be on target.

Tekkie1

Tekkie of Many Things
I'm just doing straight Print and cut on machine. I was told that the machine would print and cut perfectly when you send both together. I'm not putting any reg marks since I'm not stopping the machine after it prints.

Then you will run the risk of inacurate cuts without the rego marks as mimaki will not warrant the cuts without rego marks. Yes it will work without them depending on what your doing but it is reccomended that they be used.
Tekkie1:smile:

GrooveRite

Thank you all for your suggestions and help! Really appreciate it!

Is there any way of putting registration marks on an entire job rather than EACH individual logo? What I mean by this is putting ONLY 4 reg marks (on each corner) on a 50" x 50" area.

ironchef

You might loose some accuracy, i love reg. marks lol just set them every couple feet. Don't you need them in short runs in order to use the take up reel? I haven't tried that yet, using take up reel to print and cut