• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV30-160 head issue

TheSFG

Hey guys just started having this issue after being away on my honeymoon. Sadly my team didn't follow the maint. instructions I left for them to do daily and weekly. I have ran a discharge and fil, countless nozzle washes, and tons of cleanings and I have see very little change couple small lines. Wondering if anyone can walk me through how to clean this. I ordered a syringe and damper to try a manual cleaning but I think I wanna avoid that if at all possible.
any help is much appreciated!

Attachments

• 20160813_214534.jpg
    20160813_214534.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 203

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I would change the cap top and slider first. Run a head soak and then hard cleaning cycle to see if that brings anything back. If not, time to flush it. It looks like you should be able to recover the head as there is n't a lot of deflection going on. You are missing 2 complete channels though unless you are running white ink and I can't see it.

TheSFG

I would change the cap top and slider first. Run a head soak and then hard cleaning cycle to see if that brings anything back. If not, time to flush it. It looks like you should be able to recover the head as there is n't a lot of deflection going on. You are missing 2 complete channels though unless you are running white ink and I can't see it.

I have white and metallic. So it's just the magenta that's dropping out. I'll check with my vendor for a new cap, what's a slider?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
This is the slider and her is the cap top as well

The plastic erodes on the tabs that is slides on and eventually prevents the cap from making a good seal. I have been noticing it much more recently on older machines. The other day a customer was having major ink flow issues and was about to throw the machine off a cliff. I changed the cap and slider and it started working right away. Usually, when changing the cap doesn't do the trick, I change the slider to make sure.

TheSFG

This is the slider and her is the cap top as well

The plastic erodes on the tabs that is slides on and eventually prevents the cap from making a good seal. I have been noticing it much more recently on older machines. The other day a customer was having major ink flow issues and was about to throw the machine off a cliff. I changed the cap and slider and it started working right away. Usually, when changing the cap doesn't do the trick, I change the slider to make sure.

thanks, ordered that and a few extras from you guys. gonna try something a friend suggested over the weekend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxyY5uIpl68&feature=share

just trying to find a dust free fiber free poly wipe.. who knows where to buy these?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thanks for the order!

It's much easier to run the nozzle wash function from the machine to soak the head. No lint free cloth necessary. The machine will fill the cap with cleaning solution from the wash cartridge and then lock the head on the cap top for however long you set it for. Then it runs a cleaning cycle automatically. I find that the lint free cloth method is not as effective.

Look through the maintenance menu under head maintenance I believe, I don't have a machine in front of me right now to look up the menu. Look for nozzle wash and follow the instructions. Just make sure you don't accidentally run a custody wash!

TheSFG

Thanks for the order!

It's much easier to run the nozzle wash function from the machine to soak the head. No lint free cloth necessary. The machine will fill the cap with cleaning solution from the wash cartridge and then lock the head on the cap top for however long you set it for. Then it runs a cleaning cycle automatically. I find that the lint free cloth method is not as effective.

Look through the maintenance menu under head maintenance I believe, I don't have a machine in front of me right now to look up the menu. Look for nozzle wash and follow the instructions. Just make sure you don't accidentally run a custody wash!

ya I ran multiple nozzle washes and custody washes as well. the did a discharge and fill, along with countless normal and hard cleanings with a little progress but not as much as I need to get the quality we pride ourselves on

bilge

just trying to find a dust free fiber free poly wipe.. who knows where to buy these?[/QUOTE]
Any eye glass vision optical shop has it.