• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV30-160 Is not contour cutting prints over 72"

PROSIGNS_HOU

Hello

We are trying to print some letters and contour cut them. The machine reads the first 2 registration marks when it goes to read the third it passes over and continues unrolling more media. This problem has happened several times and we noticed that it happens with prints over 72"

any help to solve this would be greatly appreciated

Out There

I just ran into this issue today. I printed a 144 inch print to contour cut and it did the same thing. Hits on the first two reg marks continues to the 3rd and scans over it, then continues scanning past to the end of the material.

I think it was because I rotated my design while in Rasterlink, so when I go back to open the cut file, I would need to rotate the design to match. I thinking that's where the issue is. Because I just ran a 117 inch print rotated prior to sending to my rip and saved correctly and it found all reg marks and cut fine.

That may help, may not :thumb:

Neil

I have a CJV30 and can say the page is skewed slightly.
It doesn't matter if the print has stretched - it will still find the marks, but if the sheet isn't lined up right for it to find the first rear mark it will go right past without running over it to find it.
Sometimes the print skews as it's printing - so even if you don't take the roll out it can still be off square when you go to cut.

I usually line up the rear reg marks to the platen so I know they are square. Sometime you have to nudge it a bit one way or the other.
You can slightly raise the rollers enough to drag the sheet around a bit, without the machine knowing you have raised the lever (which would cause it to re-set the rollers). Saves a lot of time.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Make sure you are using the recommended registration mark size. When you create the reg marks using FineCut, the window that pops up should say something like "Recommended registration size". If your marks are too small, the machine has a lot harder time being accurate. The longer the print, the bigger the marks need to be.

holmeswake

Something that I found that might help is doing a "500mm Square" adjustment. Mine was way off and that was causing problems cutting long prints.

This might help your situation. I now also turn off the "Sheet Feed" under cut condition. I feel this helps the media not skew from going back and forth so many times.

I know this is a late response but hope it helps someone.