• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV30-160 laying way too much ink on glossy photo paper

$igntownusa

We have CJV30-160 that is laying way too much ink on glossy photo paper. It works fine for the glossy sticker paper. Is there a setting I need to change? We are printing through Rasterlink 5. We don't print through the Flexi Production Manager because the colors always come out way different.

Any help would be appreciated.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
What profile do you use? Is it a profile you created or a pre-made? There's usually different profiles for gloss or matte paper.

$igntownusa

These are the settings it has now. Which prints fine on glossy sticker paper, but not the photo paper. We use the same settings for banners as well. I didn't see any other settings to change it to.

Attachments

• color settings.jpg
    color settings.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 161
Last edited by a moderator:
The images you attached are displaying the Rendering Intents and Input Profiles, but not the Output (media) Profile ink limits.

Glossy media many times can not accommodate or need as much ink as other, more absorptive medias. Each media is unique in terms of it's interaction with your ink. Over inking the media will cause drying issues, ink transfer and smearing on take-up etc.

You can try to crank up the heaters in an effort to fry the ink faster, but if you are significantly over-inking, that alone will probably not be sufficient. The best solution would be to obtain or build a media profile for the media that you are using, that is built for and accounts for the media in question.

$igntownusa

The images you attached are displaying the Rendering Intents and Input Profiles, but not the Output (media) Profile ink limits.

Glossy media many times can not accommodate or need as much ink as other, more absorptive medias. Each media is unique in terms of it's interaction with your ink. Over inking the media will cause drying issues, ink transfer and smearing on take-up etc.

You can try to crank up the heaters in an effort to fry the ink faster, but if you are significantly over-inking, that alone will probably not be sufficient. The best solution would be to obtain or build a media profile for the media that you are using, that is built for and accounts for the media in question.

I tried a couple of different profiles/setting and even tried regular paper (no gloss) it's still doing it. But works fine on banners and glossy sticker material.

Tekkie1

Tekkie of Many Things
Try going into color edit in rasterlink and create a "condition" in the left column. When this is done the density control will become active and then reduce the overal density of ink to a lower amount. You may have to try several times to get it where its putting down enough ink without changing the colors. but it will reduce the amount being put down.
Normally I find less 15 to 20% is ok before the colors change significantly.
Tekkie1:smile:

$igntownusa

Try going into color edit in rasterlink and create a "condition" in the left column. When this is done the density control will become active and then reduce the overal density of ink to a lower amount. You may have to try several times to get it where its putting down enough ink without changing the colors. but it will reduce the amount being put down.
Normally I find less 15 to 20% is ok before the colors change significantly.
Tekkie1:smile:

I tried it as low as it would go and it still was too much. I would really like to use this photo paper, but I don't think the Mimaki can handle it.