• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV30 60 - bad printing after new DX5 head installed

smartmega

Hello everyone,

Newbie here. Been trying to solve this problem on my own with no luck. Hoping someone here could help me out
Last week I had new DX5 head on my MIMAKI CJV30 60 . No any adjustments from technician

And this is how prints look :

DSCF7033.jpg DSCF7034.jpg DSCF7037.jpg DSCF7038.jpg

Test print show no clogged nozzles at all , I am printing on PVC ( LG media LD3910 ) with color profile for ORAJET 3164 , 720 x 1080 , 12 pass , unidirectional , Slow

Raster Link 4 , Eco Solvent Inks ,
Is this something with HEAD SLANT ADJUSTMENT or is it over spray ?

Any help is appreciated

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Try a 540x1080 12 pass profile..... 720 is not a native resolution of the DX5 printhead and even though that profile is higher resolution it might be the cause of the graininess. 540x1080 is the native resolution of the printhead which seems to work best for us.

smartmega

Changing resolution to 540 x1080 doesn't improve printing quality. All print have this graininess.
Any other idea what may cause this problem ?

MikePro

tech installed printhead and left you printing like this?

i have no first-hand experience with dx5's but I'd imagine that they're just like 4-dx4's merged into 1 printhead. Slant adjustment may remedy. New printhead should not have overspray.
i assume you're doing your own alignments, and you have instructions of some-sort?

other media printing the same way?
that LG media LD3910 is spec'd for solvent printing. You're running EcoSolvent, which is kind of the same, but kind of not... the media might not be accepting the ink like it should.

b6hs

Sign
tech installed printhead and left you printing like this?

i have no first-hand experience with dx5's but I'd imagine that they're just like 4-dx4's merged into 1 printhead. Slant adjustment may remedy. New printhead should not have overspray.
i assume you're doing your own alignments, and you have instructions of some-sort?

other media printing the same way?
that LG media LD3910 is spec'd for solvent printing. You're running EcoSolvent, which is kind of the same, but kind of not... the media might not be accepting the ink like it should.

Is there an end to this issue