• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cjv30 cutter slider board , Does it have a red light?

Jb1983

Trying to diagnose a problem with my mimaki and ive noticed every circuit board has a red light ON when the machine is powered ON, except for the little cutter slider board.

Does this board usually have an illuminated red light when the machine is on?? Its one little screw to remove the cover and see for anyone who has a cjv30 up and running.

Thanks.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I don't have one to look at at the moment and Mimaki doesn't release anything that tells you what those lights indicate. Are you getting any error messages? What malfunction are you experiencing?

Jb1983

It's an "error 181 PR sensor" and I see there's a wire in the labelled PR. So I'm thinking possibly that board got fried from residual power. All my other circuit boards have a red light illuminated except that one so it's got me thinking/wondering.

Attachments

• 20180917_083035.jpg
    20180917_083035.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 179

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's an "error 181 PR sensor" and I see there's a wire in the labelled PR. So I'm thinking possibly that board got fried from residual power. All my other circuit boards have a red light illuminated except that one so it's got me thinking/wondering.

The first thing to check is to make sure all pinch rollers that are being used are in the proper position. If not, you will get this error. There are little triangles that indicate where the pinch rollers have to be in order for the machine to work properly. As long as all the pinch rollers are in valid positions, you shouldn't get this error. If you still do, see below.

The sensor could have gone bad for sure. Luckily you can test it. Go into service mode by holding the function and remote button at the same time while powering on. Hold them down until the machine beeps. Once it boots up everything will look the same except if you go into the menu and scroll down, a few new menus will be added. Go into the "[HASHTAG]#Test[/HASHTAG]" menu and find the "Sensor Test" menu. Then you can scroll to the PR sensor and test it. It should be on when it is by a pinch roller and off all other times. If it doesn't change when moving the carriage back and forth between pinch rollers, the sensor is probably bad. If it does change, then it's probably good and there is another issue happening.

The next thing to try is to go into the "[HASHTAG]#Parameter[/HASHTAG]" menu, find the "CutSystem Param" menu and hit enter. Then scroll down to parameter # 37 which should be called, "CLKAJST" Hit enter and then change the value to 0. Hit enter and let the parameter save. once it's done, turn off the machine at both power buttons. Then turn the machine back on. It will automatically adjust some parameters. Once it boots up, test it out.

Jb1983

with this error it doesn't allow me to access the menu, the machine simply freezes. I have tried the parameter menu and adjusted that one you suggested back to zero, it did nothing on the next start up. Ive also uploaded the original parameter file with no change.

This is why im hoping someone can check and see if that little cutter slider board has a red light on as my does not. thinking maybe that board is fried....