• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV30 Dryer exhuast unit

sunhochoi

Hello!

I'm new to the board and about to pull the trigger on a CJV30 print/cut. I've received a great quote, but it includes the optional Dryer Exhaust Unit. ([FONT=&quot]OPT-J0129)

I haven't seen any posts regarding the necessity of this. Is it necessary or even recommended? Without it would printing (ES3 inks) to media require a long time to dry?

Any thought or advise would be appreciated!

Thanks.
SC
[/FONT]

mustafade

In my opinion you do not need to have the Exhaust with ES3 inks.
I am using Triangle Solvent ink on my JV33 and I do not turn it on the exhaust. However I feel necessary to mention that my JV33 is installed in a 20'x20' room may be little bigger.

Hello!

I'm new to the board and about to pull the trigger on a CJV30 print/cut. I've received a great quote, but it includes the optional Dryer Exhaust Unit. ([FONT=&quot]OPT-J0129)

I haven't seen any posts regarding the necessity of this. Is it necessary or even recommended? Without it would printing (ES3 inks) to media require a long time to dry?

Any thought or advise would be appreciated!

Thanks.
SC
[/FONT]

MikeD

adding heat and moving the air away from your print with a fan will help your print to out-gas more quickly. this may be important to you if you are cutting a print that has a bleed, or it may not be that important if you are using a white (no ink) border for your cut.
the print/cut units do not allow much dry time; if you cut a fresh solvent print with a bleed, the edges may curl up.
The size of your printshop and the ventilation that already exists in your room may be enough...depends on what you are making.
Maybe you could get your vendor to let you test-drive the printer in their showroom and do some experimenting?

sunhochoi

Thank you for all of the responses!

Actually cutting to a bleed will be my primary use. on re-positionable adhesive media. My shop is about 1600SF of open space, 800SF of which is use for my "production" area. 14' clgs. As far as ventilation, currently we keep the windows closed (cold northeast) and run a central heating system when necessary..

I'd rather not spend 2k+ on the dryer unit now, but if it is a pain to add on later, then i'd rather do it now..

MikeD

you may want to add radiant heat and a fan to circulate the air around your print to help the out-gassing to prevent shrinkage and curling; especially if your material is a calendared product as opposed to a cast product.
I would assume that adding the dryer unit later wouldn't take any more effort than it would from the beginning. Does buying it later as opposed to buying it at the same time as your printer change the price of the dryer? Maybe you could build something for less money that does the same thing.