Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CJV30 grilled capacitor on pcb board supply + missing black and yellow lines on print

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by b6hs, Nov 15, 2013.

1. b6hs

b6hs Sign

Apr 23, 2013
    France
    I everybody i need some advices

it there's been a power failure during a production…on a mimaki cjv 30
    By removing the cover I glimpse a capacitor that had blown IMG_0011_2.jpg IMG_0012_2.jpg IMG_0010_2.jpg

temperatures doesn't increase now to heat media before and during print….

The engineer ask around 3000$ before move so….I bought a new pcb board do you think the missing lines will appear again with this new board or there is an other pb ??

Thanks in advance for your help

2. b6hs

b6hs Sign

Apr 23, 2013
    France
    Up

:readthread:

3. SightLine

SightLine Very Active Member

In the nozzle print - I don't personally think the missing lines have anything to do with the power supply. I'd think a few hour soaking of the nozzles might clear that up. Do a nozzle wash, fill the fluid in the cap, set it to a few minutes, let the heads park over the cap, unplug the printer for a few hours.

In the pictures you show of the power supply board, I don't see any blown capacitors. In the first photo the 3 rectangle objects with clear covers are relays. The capacitors are the tall cylindrical parts with silver tops and over a blue mark on them. If one blows or is failing the flat top will generally be bulging and/or splitting open.

4. b6hs

b6hs Sign

Apr 23, 2013
    France
    nozzle wash / relays

hi Sightline, thx for your answer
    right it's a relay it affect first of all the media heating… i will receive the new one during next week..
    Im trying a nozzle wash but i don't think it will clear that up
    i'll tell you

5. b6hs

b6hs Sign

Apr 23, 2013
    France
    im also looking at printhead fuse.. but with no conviction [​IMG]

6. b6hs

b6hs Sign

Apr 23, 2013
    France
    http://www.signs101.com/forums/images/icons/icon3.png

Custody printhead wash return no effects.. Worst magenta disappeared[​IMG]

7. b6hs

b6hs Sign

Apr 23, 2013
    France
    i feel so lonely with that

:frustrated::frustrated::banghead:

8. b6hs

b6hs Sign

Apr 23, 2013
    France
    so i changed the pcb power supply board and heater rework well
    but PH goes bad.
    Actually no color at all fired, i think there is negative pressure in lines i tried to recover them, to fill with syringe opening lines etc …. but ….no way

Any ideas ???

9. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    that test print has nothing to do with a power supply/heater.
    the fact that you have mixed colors in your test print nozzle lines leads me to believe that you've got wiper/cappingstation/simple cleaning & maintenance issues. the hard area of missling lines, is most likely where you had a major head-strike.

edited: if you're now firing NO ink at all, start from scratch. give the leads a good cleaning and then flush your system with cleaning solution & refill with ink, observing the operation for any hiccups/inhibited flow.

10. b6hs

b6hs Sign

Apr 23, 2013
    France

Hello
    Caping station,wiper, and pump are 3 months old...