• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV30 How to control placement and start and endpoint of cuts?

jlalasvt

I have noticed that my software does not use the most efficient cutting patterns. I am printing several thousands rectangular boxes. It will do a line here, Then jump to a completely different side of the machine and do a line in a completely different decal. Then hop back to the first on do a line then back and forth etc... It is completely in inefficient. How can I " re-map) or dictate how the machine cuts ?

Thanks! using AI and rasterlink 5

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Not familiar with the printer/cutter or Rasterlink but a quick google search shows that v5 does have a sort function.
sort.jpg

Option #5 (hard to see in the screen cap)
Not much info on it other than to turn it on or off.

I use a Graphtec cutter that has a sort option that can be turned on and off at the cutter keypad.

wayne k
guam usa

jlalasvt

Not familiar with the printer/cutter or Rasterlink but a quick google search shows that v5 does have a sort function.
attachment.php

Option #5 (hard to see in the screen cap)
Not much info on it other than to turn it on or off.

I use a Graphtec cutter that has a sort option that can be turned on and off at the cutter keypad.

wayne k
guam usa

Thanks Wayne! I have been using the sort option. But whatever you do in the creation state of the art, Will inevitably dictate what the sort function can do it seems. So I chose to make a compound path and it seems to do a much better job on the preview of how the machine views the art to cut.. If I find a more efficient way, I will relay it back to everyone. Thanks!

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I think most cutting software when dealing with multiple object to cut in the same artwork file use the layers stack order of the objects.