• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV30 ink chip counter get emtpy after few hours ?!

IntegralPrint

Hi there,
I have some strange issue since a few days.
My mimaki CJV30-160, am using auto reset chips, that one from MAGENTA gets down to 1% after very short time !?
I already have changed the board on ink catrdiges backside, nothing has changed.......
Made a hardware reset, battery out......

Someone knows about that or has a solution ?!

thanks for any advice
Andy ;P

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
There is a small, black, plastic lever towards the back, right side of every cartridge holder. It senses whether the cartridge is physically empty. If that lever gets touched even slightly, it will set the cartridge to, "near end" which is about 1%. If it's broken it usually defaults to 1% as well for some reason. So you just need to figure out what is touching that lever and make it stop.

IntegralPrint

There is a small, black, plastic lever towards the back, right side of every cartridge holder. It senses whether the cartridge is physically empty. If that lever gets touched even slightly, it will set the cartridge to, "near end" which is about 1%. If it's broken it usually defaults to 1% as well for some reason. So you just need to figure out what is touching that lever and make it stop.
THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!

SEEMS TO WORK - there was a little plastic part from the replacement ink catridge, lifted a bit...... since a few days no more interruptions..... ;P