• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV30 Optical Eye Mark detect trouble

JoeMedia

We have a CJV30-130 and am having a ton of trouble with the mark detect. What we have been doing is printing and then taking off the media to laminate and then bringing it back on the printer to do a contour cut. The issue is when we bring it back on to cut, the eye will detect all 4 registration marks when loading the material but when we send the job to cut, it has problems detecting the marks again. It's usually on the 3rd set of marks it will go right past the marks giving a mark detection error. I've gone over the marks with a pen to darken them and it doesn't help. This only happens on large projects. If it's a 10x10 decal, it has no problems but yesterday we were trying to cut a basic circle at 48x48 and it will give a mark detect error. I know the material is being loaded in correctly and am watching the eye go right over the marks. Any ideas? I'm going nuts here trying to figure this one out.
Thanks in advance for any input.
Joe

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
+1 on the firmware

There is also a calibration you can do to normalize the sensitivity of the sensor. When you laminate the media it changes the amount of light the sensor receives. You should get a tech manual for the CJV and get into service mode to do that test on the laminated material. It was most likely done on none laminated material to begin with. Also make sure that there aren't any new light sources hitting the printer such as a new lamp or sun light coming in a window.

JoeMedia

Thanks for the info. I think you're right on the firmware. I bought a new head but it only works with firmware 1.24 and below. It's won't cut some files even without laminate. Where's the best place to buy the correct OEM head that will work as it's supposed to? A good reputable vendor who stands by their product would be helpful. Thanks again for your input.
Joe

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
We can drop ship an OEM head to you directly from Mimaki. The current MSRP on that head is $2399. We offer free support and troubleshooting. Also Mimaki offers a waranty on the head that we administer. Give us a call at 303-733-6671 if you have any questions.