• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cjv30 printing full black. leaves banding? or something else?. please help

tomence

I use C10%, M10%, Y10% and K100%. This should be enough to give you that rich black. Anything more than that is a waste of ink. When i had my old JV3 i was using 40, 40, 40 and 100. But with the new printers now that have the DX5 printhead in, even using only the K channel should give you a good black.

MikeD

what is your RIP? can you change your rendering intent to Black Point Compensation to draw more ink form the K than C+M+Y to get black prints

Out There

In Rasterlink try using pure K. There's a box you can check in the color edit tab.

I also just recently had some banding issues in my Magenta. I adjusted the capping station and it fixed it right up.

ironchef

Oh so its not color replacement? Its just a button that lets me select pure k? Ill have a look see. I started printing as before. Since with lam i don't notice any banding. I thought 40c 40m 40y 100k was the best ratio

Neil

+1 for C10,M10,Y10,K100%.
Mix that ratio and add it to your color palette for future use.

The installer probably messed it up because you dumped 400 percent ink down.
The vinyl would need a week to dry before laminating and installing...

ironchef

That makes sense. Lol. So ook. Now ive heard 10 10 10 100 . 40 40 40 100 and 50 40 40 100. Cmyk. Which one is better and why?

ironchef

Oh and i use corel x5. And it wont let me go into palette editor. I have to take off finecut. To be able to use the palette editor

Neil

That makes sense. Lol. So ook. Now ive heard 10 10 10 100 . 40 40 40 100 and 50 40 40 100. Cmyk. Which one is better and why?

The best one is the one that uses the least ink for the same result.

C10, M10, Y10, K100 = 130% ink
C40, M40, Y40, K100 = 220% ink

All that extra ink yet your black isn't any blacker.

But the vinyl has to absorb all that solvent - which leaches through to the adhesive, makes the vinyl lose it's integrity, takes forever to outgas...plus it's just a waste of ink.

bloobird0

The best one is the one that uses the least ink for the same result.

C10, M10, Y10, K100 = 130% ink
C40, M40, Y40, K100 = 220% ink

All that extra ink yet your black isn't any blacker.

But the vinyl has to absorb all that solvent - which leaches through to the adhesive, makes the vinyl lose it's integrity, takes forever to outgas...plus it's just a waste of ink.

I do quite a lot of small stickers with black background that will be placed on black substrate, I find the 10 10 10 100 not black enough on this dark substrate as it appears "faded". So I use 50 40 40 100 for small stickers for dark substrate, 30 30 20 100 for small stickers for light background and 10 10 10 100 for large formats. I can clearly see differences between each of these on the "black" color chart I made.

ironchef

Nice. Good comments... im going to make a black chart... what pallettes do you guys use?. I use corel draw x5 and rgb palette. But i have the pantone on their too. I haven't figured out hoe to use it with the pantone chart

Neil

I do quite a lot of small stickers with black background that will be placed on black substrate, I find the 10 10 10 100 not black enough on this dark substrate as it appears "faded". So I use 50 40 40 100 for small stickers for dark substrate, 30 30 20 100 for small stickers for light background and 10 10 10 100 for large formats. I can clearly see differences between each of these on the "black" color chart I made.

It may be that your individual ink restrictions or overall density setting is coming into play here. Possibly your 100%k is really only 70% or so...

IronChef, I mix my own palettes in Signlab, so not exactly sure how you'd do it in Corel.
But you should use CMYK rather than RGB so you can enter exact percentages and easily tweak the colors later...

ironchef

Thanks. Im new to the printing world...looking into signlab or flexi.. we currently use omega and corel x5. I have x6 but waiting for my rip software update(rasterlinkpro5sg)

bloobird0

It may be that your individual ink restrictions or overall density setting is coming into play here. Possibly your 100%k is really only 70% or so...

maybe, I don't know, I only use the profiles delivered for the media I use (mainly oracal 3164 and 3551) in RasterLink.

ironchef

Oh profiles. I thought u meant palettes. Yea i use oem profiles. .. i gotta say hexis profiles give out a nice non green gray.