• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV30 Printing issues

Brandex.ca

So I had my CJV30 for about a year now and its been fine but recently its not been printing right, I am getting some passes that are light and some are normal, seems to be random and I cant get rid of it, any ideas? I included a pic to show what Im talking about.

Attachments

• IMG_0707.jpg
    IMG_0707.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 96

artbot

it's data, but i'd first print some big blocks of c, m, y, and k to see if you can isolate it to a channel on the print head.

Brandex.ca

So I printed a 12" block of each pure color and has the same thing through all colors, can't really notice it in black and yellow though, what next?

ChicagoGraphics

The encoder strip is the clear 1" strip that runs along the width of the printer behind your print head but up above it and the sensor is behind your slider board above your heads, you have to take your black cover off first to get to it

Brandex.ca

Another thing I have noticed is my blue seems to be printing slightly purple, I just opened my machine and noticed all my dampers are full but the two cyan are only half full, could this be the issue and if so what would cause this and how do I fix? Thanks.

Brandex.ca

Actually reading more its my understanding the dampers should only be half full and if they are full something is clogged. All the lines seem good before the dampers and after the dampers, everything is flowing nice around the pump area. I was reading a post where someone was talking about foam filters.... is this the little nipple that the dampers plug into? If so whats the best way to clean them, I really thing my problem is here or close to.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Half full dampers are normal on DX4 head machines. Yours uses a single DX5 head which is a totally different type of damper. On your machine the dampers should be full although you should still be able to print okay with them half full you might have some slight dropouts printing at high speed like 540 4 pass.

Brandex.ca

OK so its back to my half full cyan dampers, how do I fix those because I did have a large print that went from blue to purple when the image I was printing should have been all blue.

Brandex.ca

Ok so the funky line issue was fixed by cleaning the encoder strip and sensor and the ink dropout during my long print seems to have been caused by a bad pack sensor that did not allow it to switch packs when empty, in return the dampers did not fill fast enough.

Brandex.ca

Ok so I take it back, I am still getting this light line issue just not as bad and not all the time, and it's totally random on where it shows up, time to buy Roland?

PhantomNeon

Blue-to purple

OK so its back to my half full cyan dampers, how do I fix those because I did have a large print that went from blue to purple when the image I was printing should have been all blue.

I have a lot problems with blue going purple, also in dark blues, print a light lines, I tried everything, test print looks fine...
Mimaki CJV-30 160, using flexisign pro 10....
Do you fix yours ???
any help will be really appreciated

Brandex.ca

Well mine seems to be printing fine these days... not sure what the fix was but it seems ok now. when I had the blue to purple problem I think it was caused by a faulty cartridge sensor tab... basically it did not switch to a full carteidge when one was empty. I wish I could be more help here.