• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question CJV300-160 Problems.

biped

Noob sign maker
Hi everyone.

Just thought I'd introduce myself to the forums in the form of a major problem :)

Here's the gist: We are moving premises and I need to empty the inks from a Mimaki CJV300-160 machine. I was given instructions on how to get into the service menu but it looks like I was given the wrong instructions.

I got into system parameters somehow and now when the machine starts up, at first it comes up as a CJV150 and wants me to initialise the machine. I figure I have changed the model parameter but I don't know.

The engineers are off from Easter Friday through to Easter Monday. I'm wondering if anyone has a solution for me with this matter or if I happen to leave the machine on till Tuesday will it cause the machine any harm?

Thanks for any replies.

L.D

Hello,

You need to change the MECAtyp initial value to “0” in system parameters. This will boot your machine up as a CJV300. Since your machine is a 160 make sure the MECASIZ value is set too “7”

biped

Noob sign maker
Hi L.D thanks for your reply. I see you're a field service technician. I suppose you work with a lot of these machines.

Can I ask if I leave the machine in the parameter menu until I talk to a technician tomorrow will it do the machine any harm?

Thanks again

biped

Noob sign maker
Thanks for the positive feedback. I've been in touch with the engineer and said it's a matter of urgency - he said he'd get back to me yesterday but never did.

I tried changing the above parameters and it still registered on startup as a CJV150. Would I have to go through the whole initialisation process because that's what's happening on startup?

L.D

In the “System Perameter” menu what’s the “INTIAL” value ([HASHTAG]#130[/HASHTAG])? Is it set to zero (0)?

Also, what’s steps did you take while moving the machine? What perimeters or what did you change while in service mode? Was the machine shipping or just moved to a location near by you?

biped

Noob sign maker
So I have some developments. I spoke to an engineer who got me to initialise the machine. Unfortunately rasterlink doesn't detect the machine, the machine is detecting the wrong width of substrate and jamming and it says on bootup setserial.

Any ideas. Again, thanks for all your help.